Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 9 after I publish the file won't play on my computer

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Quick version- presenter 9 won't play a published file.  It starts the viewer, but the green circle just spins. 

Details-

brand new computer, fresh download of presenter 9 today. 

Win 8.1

office 2013

Firefox browser

FIle created in Presenter 7 on aother computer, copied into a new computer (along with all the resource and data and so files).

it's long, about 45 min

I am able to preveiw the entire thing- audio works, embedded shockwave demos created in captivate work.  It just won't play in the browser.  I've tried both 'view output when complete' when I'm publising it, and just manuallly clicking on the index file after it's published.  neither works.  I also tried using explorer but that was worse- it leaves a white screen without even loading the viewer. 

just to test I made a new presentation with only a couple slides and no audio.  that will publish and play in the browser properly.

I have the latest flash and shockwave.

It seems like it should work since it previews fine.

any ideas??

thanks!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try to copy the whole project and paste it on another blank project and then try to publish it again and see if it works.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The best way to transfer a presenter project is to Create a package  and move prpkg created file to other desktop.

Please check your "global flash security setting"  in your browser. The Preview and IE settings are same for Flash while it is different for  other browser.

You need to individually configure flash security settings for each browser. Check this video.

I hope this will resolve your issue. if not , Plesae share a sample file and I will try to resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Sunil
Adobe Presenter Engg Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunil-

I watched the global settings video and added my C: drive and also the entire 'my adobe presentations' and the indivisual file for this presentation to the allow list.  It didn't help.  is there something else I need to do on the flash settings other than this 'allow' list?  (picture below).

The other option you mentioned was transfering using a package.  my old computer has Presenter 7.  I don't see in that version of presneter an option to create a package.   I can try that if you can tell me how to do that.

finally, if i would need to share a file with you how would I do that?  it's a 24000 KB file.

thanks for the  help!

globalsettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did also try deleting most of the slides to see if that would change anything, it doesn't.  But, I do now have a smaller 'sample' file I could send you (only about 4000 kb).   Let me know how to send it to you if you think that would help you answer my question.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use dropbox to share the file.

or you can mail me at this email Id : sunsahu@adobe.com

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the  sharing presentation with me.  From the Presentaion, I  found that  AICC reporting  is enabled in the quiz dialog.

AICC reporting will not play the content locally. it will play from the server.

Please put your content on any web server and play. Presenter video will play perfectly.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that did it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources