9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2014 10:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?

Tucker Robbins

"sorry an error occurred during the uploading process. Please try again later" is driving me nuts. I get it nine times out of ten - then the next time it works.

• 1. Re: Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Tucker Robbins

What computer operating system are you running your Premier Elements 12 on?

When you talk about 9 times out of 10, are you talking about try to upload the exact same project to YouTube via the program's

Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube or are you referring to different projects?

What is the duration and file size of the upload as shown in the YouTube dialog of Social Websites?

If you were to export one of these Timelines to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file at the YouTube

web site, do you get the same frequency of upload failures?

Have you refreshed services via Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing?

Are you multitasking during the upload?

Is you Internet connection sound?

When you get the one time when the Social Websites/YouTube works, is that at any particular time of the day?

Does the project's upload Social Websites/Vimeo, work with more success than Social Websites/YouTube?

Let us real in or out any of the above factors and then we can decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?
            Tucker Robbins Level 1

Operating System: Windows 7 Pro,  I7 processor with 8 gig memory

I have sussessfully uploaded 4 videos. I have one that I have tried 7 or 8 times unsuccessfully, and another that I tried 8 or 9 times, then the next day it worked fine (one of the 4 successful)

I'm not sure of the size but it is less than 3 minutes in length and takes about 6 minutes to upload.

I have not tried saving it to a PC then uploading vias the youtube website - but I will.

I have not refereshed services, but I have rebooted the PC to no avail. I just now refreshed services

I have Microsoft Oulook 2010 ruinning at all times in the background

I am on a partial T1 through my company - The internet should be sound. Download speed 57 Mbps, Upload speed: 11.4 mbps

I'll have to pay attention to the time of day - which I haven't in the past.

I haven't tried Vimeo. I am using a website that is real estate specific (I'm a Realtor), called RealPro, that uses YouTube videos as their method of posting videos on the site.

This is a new PC for me. I originally installed the Premier Elements 12 on my old PC, found it too slow to render and then bought this new PC roughly 3 weeks ago.I also just installed a new WD Raptor 10,000 rpm hd this week into the PC. My tech guy said rendering is tough on a hard drive and shouldn't be done on the system drive.

• 3. Re: Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tucker Robbins

Thanks for the reply and the details included.

Because of the intermittent nature of the matter, I am thinking toward the computer and YouTube web site aspects of the issue.

I am not Adobe so I am not being bias in putting Adobe to the background on this matter at this time.

Let us know how you do with the export to file saved to the computer hard drive and then uploaded from there to YouTube at the

YouTube web site. (Please check out the Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and its preset choices for the file format to be used.) Then let us determine if the frequency for a successful upload is 100% or close to it for those cases which were not succeeding via the Social Website/YouTube way.

Also, let us see if we can link the time of day and day of the week with the problem uploads.

We will be watching for further developments.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?
                Tucker Robbins Level 1

I saved the file to disk (379,183 kb) in the avchd format then uploaded it to youtube successfully using their site. It took a long time to process (youtube threw up a warning message) but it finally worked. Do you think I will have to do that each time in the future?

• 5. Re: Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Tucker Robbins

What is the file size and duration that you see in the Social Websites/YouTube dialog (toward bottom of dialog) when you run into the problematic uploads?

There is a file size (2.0 GB) and duration (15 minutes) limit for the feature Premiere Elements Social Websites/YouTube. Have any of your problem files been exceeding that limit?

At YouTube web site, if the upload is done there, you can ask for extending the limits beyond what you are faced with within the Premiere Elements. But, the increased requirements, apply only to YouTube uploads at the YouTube web site not from within Premiere Elements.

With regard to getting a suitable file for the upload of your Timeline content to YouTube at the YouTube web site, did you look at the Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with Presets = YouTube Widescreen HD? That offers 1280 x 720, but allows for customization under the Advanced Button of the preset.

ATR

• 6. Re: Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?
                    VDOSurfer Level 3

There have been complaints for the youtube/facebook upload not working; and I have a feeling that this comes together (I could be wrong here). Then there is a period where it all works and then again this error is seen in multiple posts. If this is the case, this is definitely an Adobe problem rather than your machine/timeline/network specific one. So you should try the solution that ATR suggests, to publish the file locally and upload that file through the web.

• 7. Re: Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Tucker Robbins

Just to let you know that several are reporting (including myself) that Online/YouTube (v10 and 11) and Social Websites/YouTube (v12) are failing with "Online Services encountered error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible." At this same time the Vimeo uploads in the projects are working.

I am not sure how this all relates to your error message "sorry an error occurred during the uploading process", but right now the end result is the same - no upload to YouTube.

All points to a YouTube and/or Adobe issue rather than a general Online Services issue.

Consequently, I continue to suggest the export of the Timeline content to a file uploaded from its hard drive save location to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Please check out the AVCHD.mp4 choice for the upload (Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD/....

More later.

ATR

• 8. Re: Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

All points to a YouTube and/or Adobe issue rather than a general Online Services issue.

Considering that this issue seems to have just cropped up for many, and with PrE 10, 11 and 12, (plus maybe earlier?) I am not sure how Adobe could share culpability, as there have not been any recent upgrades to 10 & 11, and only a minor update for 12.

While I guess that it is possible that Adobe has hacked everyone's computer, just to disable YouTube uploades, and for versions of PrE back to at least 10, I just do not see that happening.

I would venture that the issue lies elsewhere, besides Adobe.

Hunt

• 9. Re: Why did uploading to youtube first work and now generate error messages in Premier Elements 12?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Unless one knows the specific details of how Adobe and YouTube are set to interact server wise and otherwise in Online Services irreguardless of the version, then I would not be quick to eliminate either Adobe alone or together with YouTube in this matter.

Do you have such server or other related information?

Introducing an Adobe hacking of users computers theory as you did (tongue in cheek) is not part of my equation.

In view of the above and pending further information from Adobe or YouTube, I am not endorsing your

I would venture that the issue lies elsewhere, besides Adobe.

Perhaps, Adobe Staff who have visited the Premiere Elements Forum this week might offer some explanation for what we all are observing with regard to Online/YouTube and Social Websites/YouTube supposed "Online Services" error message seemingly specific to YouTube.

ATR