4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2014 6:03 PM by A.T. Romano RSS

Premiere Elements 12

Bigbeatlefan

It appears that this program does not have video stabilization. I have tried looking at all drop down menus and pushing buttons to see the words- video/stabiliztion but failed to see them. If program has it, what does it go by?????

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12
          A.T. Romano Community Member

Bigbeatlefan

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

I do not see Video Stabilizer Effect listed as Windows Only, so regardless of what computer operating system your Premiere Elements 12 is running on, you should have the Effect. Another thought is "Are you in the Expert or the Quick workspace".

In the Expert workspace ONLY, please check out fx Effects Tab (bottom of the interface)/Video Stabilizer/Stabilizer.

Please let us know if you found the Effect.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 12
            Bigbeatlefan Community Member

my computer is on running on Windows 7.  I switched from expert to quick. Now, I see the stabilizer option under FX effects.

Thank you very much!!!!!

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 12
              Bigbeatlefan Community Member

Oops, I responded on the forum but here I go again: I am running on Windows 7. I was on Expert. I switched over to Quick. Now, I can see the stabilizer option under the FX effects.

Thanks!!!

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Community Member

Bigbeatlefan

Thanks for the good news.

Just in case note, after you apply the Video Stabilizer effect to your video, when you go to render the Timeline content to get the best possible preview of what you are seeing in the Edit area monitor, do not be alarmed if this type of rendering time is longer than expected - can be dramatic longer than expected.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification.

Your follow up was appreciated.

Best wishes.

ATR