11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2014 7:37 AM by Carl Sun

Extensions Manager CC

riverWall86 Level 1

Hi,

I am having trouble with Adobe Extensions Manager CC. I have tried to install a couple of extensions for Dreamweaver CC using Adobe Extensions Manager CC. I have installed one of the extensions of previous versions of the software without any problems but this version of the Extensions Manager does not want to recognise either of the .mxp files. The extension I am particularly trying to install is lightbox_gallery.mxp.

I'm  using Mac OS 10.7.5

Any thoughts?

Regards,

John

• 1. Re: Extensions Manager CC
          Carl Sun Level 4

You have to use Extension Manager CS6 "Tools"->"Convert MXP Extension to ZXP" menu item to convert it to ZXP.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Extensions Manager CC
            riverWall86 Level 1

Hi Carl,

Fantastic. Many thanks.

I have converted the file to ZXP and imported it into the Extensions Manager.

However, when I go to the TCN Widgets item, either in the Insert Menu or the Insert Palette I get an error message:

Insert Widget Error.png

And then this one as well:

Javascript errors.png

But it doesn't say which error messages.

Any thoughts on this?

I guess DW has changed quite a bit. However, I have just opened the new version for the first time today and have no idea what the changes are. Has JS and/or jQuery been disabled or something?

Regards,

John

• 3. Re: Extensions Manager CC
              Carl Sun Level 4

I am not familiar with DW itself. You can get help from http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver.

Several old DW features was disabled in DW CC. If you want to enable them, you can install extensions in "/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CC/Configuration/DisabledFeatures". It's possible that your problem will be solved after you installed them.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Extensions Manager CC
                riverWall86 Level 1

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the help. I think I will give it a miss. I was wanting to give my students a taste of using a JS or jQuery extension to show that they can use things like this to help with building their websites. The Lightbox Gallery was perfect because it was free and was quite nice to use. To set up the University's computers with a custom setup just for my classes is too hard, and if a student had the software at home they too would have to do a custom setup.

I am not sure what to do now. I haven't seen anything comparable that is free of charge in the Adobe Exchange site.

Regards,

John

• 5. Re: Extensions Manager CC
                  Carl Sun Level 4

Hi John,

I checked this extension and it turned out to be incorrect values for destination attribute in the mxi file which caused the problem. There was fault tolerant processing for this kind of error in CS6 but we removed it in CC because we want to simplify the code and encourage the extension developers to compose mxi file more strictly.

I have modified the extension. You can install this version. Please tell me a mailbox through private message so that I can send it to you.

• 6. Re: Extensions Manager CC
                    riverWall86 Level 1

Hi Carl,

Many thanks, you're and angel. But can you tell me how to send a private message to you?

I am afraid I am new in here and can't see how to do that.

Regards,

John

Carl Sun wrote:

Hi John,

I checked this extension and it turned out to be incorrect values for destination attribute in the mxi file which caused the problem. There was fault tolerant processing for this kind of error in CS6 but we removed it in CC because we want to simplify the code and encourage the extension developers to compose mxi file more strictly.

I have modified the extension. You can install this version. Please tell me a mailbox through private message so that I can send it to you.

• 7. Re: Extensions Manager CC
                      Carl Sun Level 4

Please click the downward triangle after "Your Stuff" at the top of this page after you signed in, then select "Private Messages" from the dropdown. Select "Compose Message" after that.

• 8. Re: Extensions Manager CC
                        riverWall86 Level 1

Sorry to be so stupid, but when I go to Private Messages and try to compose a message I can't find your address.

If I rollover your icon on the Discussions page it says your email is "private". If I try and find your address or a link to it from the Compose window in Private Messages it doesn't come up anywhere. If I just type in "Carl Sun" it doesn't recognise it and comes up with an error message when I try to send it.

Regards,

John

• 9. Re: Extensions Manager CC
                          Carl Sun Level 4

You could click "Select People" link, select "Search" tab page to search me. But you will get too many results or nothing, depends on you use part or whole name. Anyway, you can also send you mail address to exman.beijing@gmail.com.

• 10. Re: Extensions Manager CC
                            riverWall86 Level 1

Hi Carl,

I sent an email to your gmail address on Wednesday. Did you get it?

Regards,

John

• 11. Re: Extensions Manager CC
                              Carl Sun Level 4

Hi John,

I sent the extension to you on Thursday. Since you didn’t get it, I sent the mail again just now. Please check your mail.