4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2014 4:35 PM by brownold RSS

Bridge color tif thumbnails appear as partial B&W

brownold

Recently Bridge has taken my scanned color files, to which I made minor adjustment and save in PScs6 as a tif., and has given the saturation value as -100 for "reds", -100 for the "oranges" and -98 for the "yellows" in camera raw 8.3 HSL/Grayscale/Saturations. This shows up in the Bridge thumbnails. When I choose the image to open directly in photoshop CS6 no problem with the color. When I choose open in camera raw. The first thing I have to do is correct the saturation.. Is there a fix for this annoyance?

• 1. Re: Bridge color tif thumbnails appear as partial B&W
          Curt Y Community Member

Check edit/camera raw preferences and uncheck any default auto settings

• 2. Re: Bridge color tif thumbnails appear as partial B&W
            brownold Community Member

Curt Y,

thanks for the suggestioin. I went to camera raw in Bridge preferences and found one item selected.  Deselected> quit bridge> rebooted the program. Nothing has changed. Still looking for the answer to this. Thanks

• 3. Re: Bridge color tif thumbnails appear as partial B&W
              Curt Y Community Member

A little unclear with what this means  "When I choose the image to open directly in photoshop CS6 no problem with the color. When I choose open in camera raw. The first thing I have to do is correct the saturation.."

Perhaps you left something out after camera raw.

• 4. Re: Bridge color tif thumbnails appear as partial B&W
                brownold Community Member

Curt Y

You know that using a MAC I select a tif image to open in ACR by using the command > r keys. When I do this the image that shows grey in the Bridge thumbnails opens in camera raw as the grey thumbnails I see in bridge which when I go to HSL/Grayscale/Saturations.  show the values as I have described. However when I select the grey thumbnail in bridge and double click it the image opens in PS CS6 as the full color image I am expecting to see from the bridge thumbnail through to the open image. So to be clear. In Bridge the problem images show themselves as partially grey until corrected in ACR. Saving them in PSC6 does nothing as far as their appearance in Bridge. It is a bit maddening. Check this out in your ACR. Take the values I have described and you will see what I see. Thanks for your attention. Hope this helps.

Tom