How much free disk space do you have? Should have about 20% free, which is 100g with 700g drive.
Welcome to the forum.
Along with Curt's question, I would also immediately do a deep disk scan on that HDD. It could well be that the drive is approaching failure, or that there is an issue with the controller.
- What is the HDD make and model?
- What is the controller type?
- Is that controller embedded in the MoBo, or on a stand-alone card?
- If the latter, what is the make and model of that controller card?
- Are you having any other issues with files on that drive, such as Windows Delayed Write Failures?
- Do you have any active, real-time scanning anti-virus, anti-malware or anti-anything programs running? Some of those can lock files on reads, or writes, and cause no end to issues, and especially with larger files.
I am having the same issue. I have photoshop fresh install on a hard drive with a tribyt of space and a second hard drive completly empty and no matter what drive i set the scratch disc to i still get the error that is is full.
Please help thisis makign me crazy
What version of Photoshop are you using?
What OS version?