I believe you are sort of running into an issue with style sheets. When you bring Word documents into RoboHelp, they typically have a CSS file created based on the Word styling. The Master Page likely has its own CSS and that is probably overriding the CSS your Word document created.
I think the "fix" here is to carefully make adjustments to the CSS that is associated with your Master Page so the styles in it reflect what you hope to see from your Word document.
Thanks for your prompt response. I'm not sure if this is really the issue or not. One of the steps I took when creating the Master Page was to open the "Appearance Tab" of the Master Page properties and set the style sheet to be the one that I've been using.I've even gone back to the properties to make sure that this is what is syill set.
Anything else I might be missing?
Sorry, not sure what else to say here. All I know that CSS governs the appearance of the text in topics. If you are certain you are using the same CSS as what you set things to, there really isn't much else for me to suggest.
Perhaps Willam has a clue? He's much better versed in CSS than I am. Maybe he has something to offer/
Willam, are you seeing this thread?
I don't know if this helps, but I had the same issue. I found two similar css files when I imported my Word (2010) doc into RoboHelp (HTML 9), one with the name RHStyleMapping and one with the name of the Word file. This may be a result of me importing and re-importing it multiple times, but whatever. If I applied the StyleMapping one, the one with the Word file styles as expected verbatim, it went all black, all blocky, no style. But if I applied the css file with the name of the Word file, it was fine. The styles I was using in Word had "WD" at the front of them in the correct style file, and that's the only way I am now able to tell which css file to use.
I have the same issue with RH10 (Windows 7) with the difference that I link FrameMaker files instead of Word files. When I apply the default and very simple Master page (which only has the company logo in the header and Copyright notice in the footer) to the topic files, it strips away all the paragraph formatting from the topic content. I tried to match the paragraph styles used by the Master page's CSS to those used by the topic and it got even worse. I wish there were a step-by-step "RoboHelp CSS Repair Guide" to solve this issue.