3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2014 1:06 PM by John Mensinger

Indesign to PDF with information

gjohung Level 1

99% of my project will be converted to PDF for review and approval.  I wanted to add to the PDF addtional information such as Size: Client Name, Publication and Output preference. I created a slug area within InDesign. and exported PDF.

Some publication does not like that. They want PDF as is. No slugs, Crop/Reg marks.

I could re-open the PDF and go in to properties and add information in the metadata. It can be 2 step process..

Is there a way that I can insert these information within InDesign so that it will show up in PDF... 

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Indesign to PDF with information
          John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, enter it it the File Info dialog; File > File Info or Ctrl/Cmd + Shift + I

• 2. Re: Indesign to PDF with information
            gjohung Level 1

Thank..

Is there a way to View that at first glance in PDF without going through Additional Info tab..

ghj

• 3. Re: Indesign to PDF with information
              John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No. The Document Properties dialog must be called up. I have one idea, but since you were trying to save a step, this may not be ideal...

When you open a PDF, (in Acrobat, of course), 3 things can be visible:

1. The document (page + bleed + slug; as you've already explored)

2. Acrobat's panels; Pages, Bookmarks, Navigation, Attachments

3. Comments

So, if there is non-page information you want shown when an Acrobat user opens your PDF, you could add that info to a Comment or "Sticky Note." I haven't tested it exhaustively or anything, but when I add a sticky note, then right-click and choose Open All Popups, then Save...the open popups persist and are visible when I reopen. This would serve your purpose and also stay out of the print workflow.