6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2014 7:08 AM by Blueberry

Email reply to an email address in our Adobe Form

Blueberry

Our form asks the person registering for the event to include their email.  When I click on it to open it, it opens to my private email.

I was invited to the adobe forms thru that private email so I understand that. 

However, I want the email to open up with our event email, so I asked a friend  and she gave permission for me to sign in with her

account name, (which is our event email)

However, when I sign in with the event email to get to the form,

I click on the emails, and they still come up with my private email. 

This is a major waste of my time, to have to copy and paste

each of these emails into our event email program.

Can anyone help me save time? Thanks in advance.

blueberry

• 1. Re: Email reply to an email address in our Adobe Form
          Wenlan_Du Level 2

Hi,

Can you please share your form with me at wdu@adobe.com? I would like to see how it works for you. You can click on the Share button at the lower left corner of the form to share a form.

Thanks,

Wenlan

• 2. Re: Email reply to an email address in our Adobe Form
            Blueberry Level 1

The problem is, I am not the  author of the form, and it has a lot of confidential information on it that I am not authorized to share.

It was an ordinary registration form, with:

first name, last name, email, phone number, address etc.  Each item shows up in a separate column.  The email address shows up

in blue with a blue underline.  Would that info help determine how to make it access our event email instead of my personal email?

Mary Durbin

• 3. Re: Email reply to an email address in our Adobe Form
              Wenlan_Du Level 2

Hi Mary,

I believe you made a link off the email and the "url and email" you filled in is your own email address, not the event email. Here is how you should do it:

1. ceate a formated text field and type some text

2. select the text and click on the link button

3. fill in your even email as URL and Email.

linked email.png

Thanks,

Wenlan

• 4. Re: Email reply to an email address in our Adobe Form
                Blueberry Level 1

Thanks for responding.  I could not understand what you were trying to tell me, and so I ran it by the friend that created the form

that knows more than I do.  She thought that maybe I did not make clear what I needed, and that you were trying to help me to put a link

in the form.

So, I will try to describe what info I need more clearly.

The friend made up the form, and she asked for first name, last name, email address, street address, etc.

Each one of those items appears in the Response tab in a separate column.

Here’s the problem – when I click on the email in the Email Column, it defaults to my personal email in my Windows Mail email.

Well, I just discovered that I have to have my Windows Mail closed, and then it won’t default to my personal email in my Windows Mail.

So, that solves that.  I just close my Windows Mail.

But one other question.  The email is highlighted in blue on the Response Form.  When I close my Windows Mail, and I click the email

in the Email Response Column on the form, it won’t open any email.  It would be nice to have it open to our Event Email which is gmail.

I do not have the Event Email loaded into my Windows Mail. 

QUESTION :  Is there a way to connect the emails in the Response form to the Event Email, without having to copy and paste them into the event email?

That way, I could click on the email and it would open a new email right from my event email, which would save me time.

I do not want my event email tied into my Windows Mail.  I  just now realize that I can copy several email addresses in the Response Column

and they all will paste into my gmail Event Email.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Mary Durbin

• 5. Re: Email reply to an email address in our Adobe Form
                  Blueberry Level 1

Well, I figured some things out accidentally. I have to have my Windows Mail  (which downloads my personal emails) closed. Then the email in the Response Form will not open into my personal email.

I also noticed that then the email in the form will not open into any email.

However, I also noticed that  I can copy several emails, have my event email open, sitting down on my system tray, under web sites open,

and pull it up and hit compose, and then all these emails will paste into that new email from my event email.

So, that will be a help.

However, is there  a way to connect the email in the Email Response Column directly to our Event email...in case I want

to do random emails....

Mary Durbin

• 6. Re: Email reply to an email address in our Adobe Form
                    Blueberry Level 1

I signed in this morning with the email that is our event email that my friend set up for herself, and the password.

At first clicking the email in the Email Column on the Response form, no “new email window”  came up, but as I clicked on the email

in the Email column  several times,

my personal email came up with a new email with this person’s name in it, , and my Windows Mail was closed, not open.

So, again, I don’t understand this.  Thanks.

Mary Durbin