Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free-text search behaviour

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2006 Jun 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In my earlier project I produced several different chm files which all behaved the same when searching from the Search tab. When searching for instance 'beam' it also found 'beams' and 'beaming'.

Now I have two new projects - one copied from the old one and one completely new (with only style sheet imported from old project). They will only perform a simple search; i.e. 'beam' will only find 'beam' and 'beams' will only find 'beams'. I've checked the settings for the window, etc., but found nothing that is different between the old and the new projects.

I also thought it might be something in RoboHelp settings that had changed, but when generating new output from the old project, it still behaves in the desired way.
Any clue?

Thanks
Sara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 28, 2006 Jun 28, 2006
Sarah,

You may need to check the language setting for each help file, as only US English files support "stemmed" searches of the type that you described.

As I understand it, you can't set the language of an HTML Help file from within RoboHelp. Instead, you must open the project (.hhp) file in Notepad or HTML Help Workshop and add a line like this to the [OPTIONS] section:

Language=0x409 English (United States)

There is a little more information in these threads:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=963070...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2006 Jun 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you haven't missed a setting and they are all the same, the only thing I can think of is that there is an internal file in your old project that causes it to behave in a different way having come from an earlier version of RH.

If that is possible, then importing a few of the topics into a new project should prove it.

Otherwise I know RoboWizard has had a couple of pretty easy days and perhaps he can add something.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarah,

You may need to check the language setting for each help file, as only US English files support "stemmed" searches of the type that you described.

As I understand it, you can't set the language of an HTML Help file from within RoboHelp. Instead, you must open the project (.hhp) file in Notepad or HTML Help Workshop and add a line like this to the [OPTIONS] section:

Language=0x409 English (United States)

There is a little more information in these threads:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=963070
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=449&threadid=952023

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Peter Lees. The language coding helped.

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sara

I suspect it was Pete Lees reply that helped, rather than my guess?

I don't know if you can change it now but the idea is mark the post that gave the answer, that is Pete Lees post if I am right.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, you're right, Peter Grainge. I applied the "This question has been answered" option in the wrong way.

Sara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp