4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 2:32 PM by A.T. Romano

Mpeg.ts format compatibility with Premiere Elements

Nepomucene

I am currently trying to access Mpeg.ts formats with Premiere_Elements 9 operated under W7.

It seems that it is rather impossible to do that in a simple way.

Has anybody already experienced such an issue ? (and preferably solved it).

Looking forward for your help.

• 1. Re: Mpeg.ts format compatibility with Premiere Elements
          nealeh Level 5

.ts is originally designed for broadcasting (e.g. Internet TV). It was enhanced for camcorders by adding a timecode to the data stream.

Does your .ts file come from a camera or from a captured stream or digital video recording?

Can you analyse the file with GSpot or MediaInfo and post a screenshot here.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Mpeg.ts format compatibility with Premiere Elements
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Nepomucene

The answer is that Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Windows does not support MPEG2.ts. Premiere Elements 10, 11, and 12 do.

I have confirmed this by actually working with MPEG2.ts in the programs mentioned.

If you are restricted to the use of Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, you might want to consider converting them to another format with a program

such as MPEG Streamclip which does do batch exports if batch exporting is an included requirement for your work.

http://www.squared5.com/

Please let us know if you need clarification on the matter.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Mpeg.ts format compatibility with Premiere Elements
              Nepomucene Level 1

A.T. Romano

Thanks for this clarification. After some more testing, I am now considering upgrading my configuration to solve this problem and probably additionnal ones as side effects.

Thanks for your help.

Nepomucene

• 4. Re: Mpeg.ts format compatibility with Premiere Elements
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Nepomucene

Thanks for the update.

If you do consider Premiere Elements 12, good to look at the tryout first to assure it compatibility with your computer operating system as well as to assure it meets your video editing needs in all ways.

Best wishes

ATR