2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2014 8:45 AM by JasonDD210

How can I centralise text on button?

JasonDD210 Level 1

Hi

I made button graphic using some fill effects, and then wanted to add some text to it. Of course I could just put a text frame on top of it and group them, then convert to button, and that works fine. The problem is when I want to add the rollover effect. I just wanted to add a simple glow effect for this, but if I used a grouped item, it places the glow effect on both items in the group, including the text, ruining the graphic.

I could type the text directly into the button graphic to avoid these double effects, but then I cannot align the text vertically within the button, because unlike text frames, graphics frames do not offer a vertical alignment option.

The only viable option seems to be to place and addition graphic into the rollover effect from a file, which seems to be over-complicated and messy. Intuitively I would have thought a rollover state could be created simply by dragging another graphic into that position - but that's not possible either,

Does anyone have any tips on how to achieve this?

Jason

[edit]

I've solved the problem by using baseline shift, but this does not seem to be the right way of going about it to me...