Are you doing the reinstall from downloaded installation files?
If so, exactly what are the names and file extensions of those installation files?
Are you reinstalling to a PC?
If so, what version of Windows are you running?
Good luck, and let us know a bit more, please.
"I had to restart my computer and reloade previously loaded Photoshop and Premiere Elements 12. " What does this mean? Do you mean you had to reinstall Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements?
"When loading I got a message of warning stating the archive part of APE was missing," When loading what? Premiere Elements or Photoshop Elements -- or a Premiere Elements project? What was the exact wording of the warning?
"It was added "Load all parts"." I'm not sure what you mean by this?
Thank you Bill and Steve for your replies!
Sorry for my bad description of this problem.
I will try to make it better (hopefully):
1. The first time I downloaded APE 12 to my PC I had some problems, but suceeded when the virus program was disconnected.
2. I did a couple of video editing, but increasingly had functional problems with my pc (probably due to an overload of video films from the 90'ies and 2000 copied to the hard drive).
3. I decided to use Windows (7) to restore (?) the PC to a point some weeks earlier (Before the download of APE).
4. When I downloaded APE again (by use of the attached program Akamai Download Manager ) I got the message (in Norwegian) "File archive part of Premiere missing. Both parts need to be in the same folder. Download all parts".
5. I then tried the alternative way of downloading shown on the screed, two seperate files: PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64.exe, and the other PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64. This was working, but only Photoshop then were functioning (as far as I now can see). Regarding Premiere, the welcome screen were opened, but projects screen did not.
For me this is both confusing and frustrating, mostly because I can't see how to go on. I mainly have a need for the Premiere part.
Since I am the third responder to this thread, please deal with prior troubleshooting Questions and Answers first. If your issue still exists, then I would ask you to consider the following for your Windows 7 64 bit computer (if that is what you have).....
For the installation of Photoshop Elements 12, you need 2 files...
Do you have those files with those specific names and file extensions?
For the installation of Premiere Elements 12, you need 2 files...
Do you have those files with those specific names and file extensions?
If so, good. The Adobe Download Assistant is sometimes used as the first file; sometimes Akami NetSession Interface is used instead.
Worse case is Akami. And, firewalls as well as antivirus need to be disabled during this time for either.
If your present files are not working for you, please consider the following from which to download the files and then install them with your a Photoshop Elements 12 or Premiere Elements 12 Windows purchased serial number.
But, you have to follow carefully all instructions there including the "Note: Very Important Instructions" there so that you do not get an Access Denied Message if you have to use this way.
Bottom line: Doing one program at a time...
- Deactivate the program from the opened project's Help Menu/Sign Out
- Uninstall using Control Panel Route
- Do a ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls and reinstalls https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
- Reinstall the program with anti-virus and firewalls disabled as you use the 2 files required File one .exe and File two .7z cited above).
Please let us know the outcome.
Please stay with one troubleshooting scheme to completion before trying another if what you tried was unsuccessful.
I have tried to do exactly what you told me, except step 1 which I did not understand (Deactivate the program from the opened project’s MAny/Sign Out). I could find no Meny or Sign Out.
However, when doing what you recommended, I surprisingly got the correct icon for Premiere on the screen (earlier just a standard Windows icon). When clicking on the icon, the “Welcome screen” appear, but clicking on “New Project” just makes the dotted line under move, but after a while this stops and no more happens.
Lately also a large white area have some times appeared in the middle of the screen after starting the computer. I have had to restart to remove it. I wonder if there has been so much installing and reinstalling on my computer I have to do a total reinstall of Windows 7 (Then of course taking the neccesary back-ups of documents, mails etc.) This really is a test of patience.
Thank you so far...
Thanks for the reply and for looking at the troubleshooting suggestions. Before any total reinstall of Windows 7, please consider, if you have not done so already
1. Are you running the program Run As Administrator (right click the Premiere Elements desktop icon and select Run As Administrator) and from User Account with Administrative Privileges (see Control Panel User Accounts)?
2. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the computer? Do you have 1 or 2 cards?
3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements?
4. What antivirus program do you have? McAfee can be a problem? Whichever one you have, please disable the antivirus to see if that has any affect when you go to run Premiere Elements.
5. When you installed the program, did you use your own installation files or those from the web site that I mentioned? Whatever the case, after the installation and restart of the computer, did you get a Sign In dialog? If so, did you sign in with your Adobe ID and password as required, and what happened immediately after that?
Please review to rule in or out the above factors.
Thank you for your very precise descriptions to me!
I will try to answer, but I am afraid I may misunderstand or not understand all parts of the questions.
Nevertheless, here are my replies:
1. I have tried to run the program as Administrator. It didn’t help.
2. This is a tricky point for me... I believe I have only one graphic card, NVIDA GeForce 800 M (Described in the Control Panel) The driver is according to the Control Panel updated.
3. I have the latest version of Quick Time installed.
4. I have F-Secure antivirus program. Disconnecting this program as well as the Windows Firewall mekes no difference trying to start Premiere/Projects.
5. I did both use the installation files and those from the web site. I am not sure if I understand “did you get a Sign in dialog? To be able to download I had to find the initial order on my own page at Adobe (using my adobe ID and password). To download I had to use the serial no I got weeks ago. The strange thing (from my not very competent point of view) is that Photoshop Elements 12 seems to function, but not Premiere?
I have a HP computer with a touch screen. I have upgraded my pc from Vista to Windows 7, the upgrade dvd followed the computer. From time to time I have got messages saying there are known compability problems with the HP TouchSmart program. Nevertheless the program is functioning when started.
I am not normally using the touch screen program, so up to now I have not seen this as a problem. Maybe the Premiere problem is an indication it is?
Thanks for all your good information for the troubleshooting.
Depending on how things go, you will need to go to the NVIDIA web site to confirm that your NVIDIA GeForce 800M driver is up to date according to that web site. Many feel that the information in Device Manager/Display Adapter is not always the best.
I found the following on the NVIDIA site
Please let me know if this looks like your card. All the categories fit, except where it say Product.
There should be another place on that site which will help you select the latest driver for your card. NVIDIA support may come to
your assistance if this becomes the critical issue.
Please double check to confirm that you have only the NVIDIA card listed under Device Manager/Display Adapters.
Also, sounds like a good idea to disable the touch screen feature and rule that factor in or out.
We will be watching for further developments.
I have updated my NVIDA driver based on the link you sent me. According to the Device Manager/Displaay Adapters I only have one graphic card named NVIDA GeForce 9300M GS. For me this is somewhat confusing, since the term NVIDA 800 Series (Notebook) also is used on the web site. However, on the NVIDA page I also downloaded a test program checking my computer’s version of the card. So everything seems to be correct in this matter. The version of the driver is 4.March.2014.
Nevertheless, when restarting the pc, nothing happened!