4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2014 6:03 AM by Chandan_Abhishek RSS

EC2 Amazon AMI for Adobe media server - not able to login

man pal

manickam@manickam-Aspire-5738:~$ ssh -i ~/Downloads/mkm_adobe3.pem root@ec2-xxxxx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

manickam@manickam-Aspire-5738:~$ ssh -i ~/Downloads/mkm_adobe3.pem ec2-user@ec2-xxxxx.ap-southeast-1.compute.amazonaws.com

Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).

manickam@manickam-Aspire-5738:~$

What is the user id used for login ? Looks like it is neither ec2-user nor root in this case.

Anybody helping, I would deeply appreciate. It is ridiculous to get billed when not able to use the software - not even able to login.

• 1. Re: EC2 Amazon AMI for Adobe media server - not able to login
          hparmar Adobe Employee
          1. “amsadmin” is the  new user. It should be there in documentation.
          2.   You have to do sudo to run any privileged commands(e.g starting stopping ams e.t.c) on these amis.
          3. You will be3 asked to reset the password for user amsadmin the first time you login(ssh) into the ami instance.
          • 2. Re: EC2 Amazon AMI for Adobe media server - not able to login
            man pal Community Member

The documentation  doesnt mention anywhere that the user id is amsadmin..

neither in EC2 marketplace documentation of amazon nor in adobe site. They

only mention "root" as the user id. Pls update the docs to reflect the

current status. This makes life difficult.

And 2nd question: Iam able to login now into the shell. But I still dont

know the administrative console user id / password.

I checked here /opt/adobe/ams/conf/ams.ini and edited to place user id /

password / port no.1111 etc.. into the file and restarted the ams server as

well as adminserver using amsmgr cmd. But still when I open ams admin

console page from ams homepage on port 80, and key in the IP / user id/

password, still the login fails. Not sure how to login. Currently Iam

logged out of AWS. Hence Iam not pasting the exact steps of what I have

done. Pls let me know if you need to see them.

• 3. Re: EC2 Amazon AMI for Adobe media server - not able to login
              hparmar Adobe Employee

Have you gone through the following help document at www.adobe.com/go/ams_on_aws_help.

There is a change in the way one configures administrative console password.

Do let me know if you still have questions after going through this help document?

P.S I am assuming you are using Amazon Market place for launching  you AMS 5.0.4(latest as of today) Amazon Ami for your instance.

You can purchase the instance from following web page...

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/B00IGJMIOI

Look at Getting Strarted URL in resource secton.

• 4. Re: EC2 Amazon AMI for Adobe media server - not able to login
                Chandan_Abhishek Adobe Employee
                • Use “amsadmin” user to login to AMS EC2 instance as root user has been disabled.
                • If you are logging in for the first time using SSH, use Putty to set the password for the amsadmin user as you will not be able to login using WinSCP.
                • Launch Putty to log into the instance.
                • In the Host Name (or IP address) box, enter the Public DNS of the instance you launched.
                • In the Category pane on the left, choose Connection>SSH>Auth.

Untitled.png

• Browse to locate the private key for authentication and click Open. See Using key pairs to connect to an instance securely, to understand how to use PuTTYgen application to convert the .pem file to a .ppk file.
                • Enter a valid password and confirm the new password.

Note: For subsequent logins, you can either use Putty or WinSCP