11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 2:20 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube

Andrew Hall NZ Level 1

As with other threads, upload to YouTube is suddenly failing for me with "Online Services encountered an error". Since upload to YouTube is my main use for PE10 this is more than a little bit unsatisfactory. Any fixes?

Andrew

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Andrew,

To get this out of the way early, I have a few questions:

1. What OS version are you running PrE 10 on?
          2. Though I cannot see how it would affect YouTube uploading, do you also have an nVidia graphics card (GPU)?
          3. Can you Share your Project to a YouTube Preset, and then manually upload that file to YouTube, by the same account, with which you are now having an issue?

Good luck, and let us know a bit more please.

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
            Andrew Hall NZ Level 1

Running XP fully updated

ATI Radeon HD 3850

For the YouTube preset save I am not sure how to do this. The only YouTube

presets I am aware of are under the Online heading of Share, and only work

if the upload can be done (something I find very frustrating as I would

often prefer to save at the same quality to my PC). What I HAVE done is

save to PC using FLV 1080p and then uploaded here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUo6oZEUxR4&list=TLMyU8nYd4T9ztn2yU4eSwk8oXW13E6gbt

The YouTube failure occurs as soon as I click Next having selected the

Youtube quality preset, at which time generally the focus shifts to a new

page on Firefox where I am asked to approve the request for PE to access my

YouTube Account. This has always worked previously but suddenly it does

not. It seems the same is happening to users of other versions of PE (see

recent threads).

Thanks for the reply

Andrew

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

The problem is not a user one.

I and others have the same issue with this

"Online Services will now be terminated or paused if possible."

I have checked this out in version 10, 11, and 12 and gotten the same result. I have not had a chance to look at this problem in versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 10.

This is a YouTube or Adobe or both problem.

Until further notice, I will stick to exporting your Timeline to a file save to the computer hard drive

and the uploading that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

For the file to be exported, please check out Share/Computer/AVCHD and Presets = to preset for YouTube to give

an appropriately sized AVCHD.mp4 for the upload at the YouTube web site.

I would discourage deletion of the Web Folder in the SC Folder as suggested today by another. I tried that today. It did not

solve the problem and would have created greater problems if I had not backed up the original Web Folder.

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
                Andrew Hall NZ Level 1

Thanks ATR, I agree it is clearly not a user problem, and thanks for the suggestion of the AVCHD preset.

Cheers

Andrew

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

Thanks for the follow up.

Just an add on...in Premiere Elements 11 Windows, I did a successful Online/Vimeo while the Online/YouTube continued to fail with the "Online Services...." message. So, I feel that this is not a general Online Services failure but one pointed at YouTube and/or Adobe.

More news as it becomes available.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

It is interesting to see that similar issues with direct uploads to YouTube (and maybe some others) are appearing now, with versions 10, 11 and 12. There might be more?

It would seem that, since Adobe has not changed anything in PrE 10 and 11, and have only had a minor update to PrE 12, that something has changed outside of Adobe. What, however, remains to be seen.

Just an observation,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

Please refer to my response (post 9) in the following thread with regard to your post there which is similar to what you have posted in the thread that we are in now.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1431950?tstart=0

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
                        Andrew Hall NZ Level 1

I'd just like to report that contrary to reports about a fix for this problem, in my case at least PE10 continues to exhibit unchanged non-functional uploading to YouTube.

Andrew

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

We are on the same wavelength. I just saw your post in that other thread and was going to suggest that you post in this thread so that we could continue troubleshooting your YouTube issue.

When I saw your post, I immediately went to my Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit to try for the Share/Online/YouTube, thinking it possible that the fix may have become unfixed.

Good news and bad news. I had no problems with the Premiere Elements 10 upload to YouTube from within Premiere Elements 10

(4:53 PM  Monday March 24, 2014, East Time Zone USA).

1. With your YouTube issue, are you still getting the Online Services error message? Or has the error message changed to something else?

2. Could you

a. Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing and do a Refresh of Online Services if you have not already.

b. If you use a router for your computer, turn it off for about 30 seconds and back on.

c. What browser do you use? If FIrefox, clear out the Cache Web Content.....Options/Content/Network/Cache Web Content.

Did any of the above have any impact on your YouTube problem?

ATR

Do not give up.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
                            Andrew Hall NZ Level 1

Hi ATR - Fantastic - after 2a and b all working again. Can't thank you enough. I am going to ask about another long term problem I have been unable to solve in another thread.

Andrew

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 10 not Uploading to YouTube
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrew

So very glad for the very good news. I pulled out all my secret weapons on that one.

Just point me to the other thread with the long term problem, and we will give it a look to determine what

what can be done.

Many thanks for the great follow up.

ATR