6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 12:01 PM by Josh_Corey

submitting responses to form central

Viking1964

I created a form with Acrobat Pro.  I moved it to Forms Central.  I marked it as "open." Under the distribution tab, I downloaded it as pdf to my computer, having checked the mark to have a "submit" button.  As a trial before sending out in e-mail to others, I filled it out and clicked on "submit."  I am not seeing it show up as a response in my Forms Central.  Why not?  Did I miss a step?

• 1. Re: submitting responses to form central
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Does not sound like you missed any steps and have the right expectation. 

Can you share your form with me and we can investigate?  Share with jcorey@adobe.com and please include a reference to this Forum post so I know what we are looking for, instructions for sharing your form: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: submitting responses to form central
            Viking1964 Level 1

my form is attached

question:  why does it not get sent to Forms Central when submit button

clicked?

Jim Morley

• 3. Re: submitting responses to form central

I see that the submit isn't working in the PDF attached, but can you share the form, not just the PDF but the form in FormsCentral so we can investigate further?  Share with jcorey@adobe.com and please include a reference to this Forum post so I know what we are looking for, instructions for sharing your form: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2462

Thanks,

Josh

• 4. Re: submitting responses to form central

I added one more engineer to the form share so we can investigate.  I will get back to you asap.

I did ask you some questions in email that would help to get response to so I know the work flow you used a little better.

Thanks,

Josh

• 5. Re: submitting responses to form central
                  Viking1964 Level 1

Josh,

First off, this form is the first and only thing I have created with

Acrobat Pro, so trying to learn on the fly.  I believe I created the form

in Acrobat (from scratch, no template),  then later in experimenting saw

the option to move the form to Forms Central.  Then I downloaded it from

Forms Central to distribute by someone else who has our reunion mailing

list.  That is when I notice the 'submit' button did not seem to work.

I have continued to experiment and now see that there is something call

"Tracker" that can be utilized to distribute my form by e-mail and this is

where I saw the reference to being able to handle up to 500 responses.  I

am not sure how tracker handles the forms after they are sent back to me.

Does this have to be distributed from my computer?  I am hoping to provide

this form to someone else who has the distribution list and then the

responses come back to me.

As you can see I hardly know what I am doing here, but must say I have not

found much guidance from within the software.

Jim Morley

• 6. Re: submitting responses to form central

Hi again;

Try your PDF again - the one that you sent to me would not submit when you sent it, but today I can submit.  I have no idea why that could be, but it is working now...

You would want to use one or the other method to distribute your PDF form, FormsCentral or Tracker, not both.  Using FormsCentral you can collect and view as many responses at a time as your subscription level allows, for a Free user that is 50 responses but you can export and delete responses to recieve more.  These responses would be in the View Responses tab of the form and would be viewable from any computer you sign into the same FormsCentral account on, and you can also share or publish the responses.

For more help on using Tracker in Acrobat if you choose to go that route you'd want to go to the Acrobat Forms Forums.

Thanks,

Josh