3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2014 7:39 PM by A.T. Romano

AUDIO HELP

HEIRLOOM GIRL

I COULDN'T FIND SUPPORT ON ADOBE PREMIER ELEMENTS 10 ON THIS PARTICULAR FORUM.  I AM MAKING A VIDEO OF MY MOTHER AS HER HEALTH IS FAILING.  HER VOICE IS WEAKER THAN MINE OF COARSE.  HOW CAN I EQUALIZE OUR VOICES.

THANKS!!

• 1. Re: AUDIO HELP
          Biggles Lamb Level 3

Download Audacity and install it.

Export the audio only in Elements

Process the audio using Audacity, export the file and import it into Elements

Col

• 2. Re: AUDIO HELP
            Jim_Simon Level 8

[Moved to Premiere Elements forum.]

• 3. Re: AUDIO HELP
              A.T. Romano Level 7

HEIRLOOM GIRL

Who is speaking in this video....you and your mother, or just your mother?

In Premiere Elements 10, if you have not already, try right clicking the audio, selecting Audio Gain, and then Normalize in the Clip Gain dialog.

Another thought is to download and install the free audio editor named Audacity.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Then export your audio from Premiere Elements 10. See Share/Computer/Audio, either MP3 or WAV preset.

(You do not have to separate the audio from the video before you do the Premiere Elements export to get the MP3 or WAV for the Audacity edit.)

Import just the audio file into Audacity. Go to Effects Menu/Amplify and increase the amplification.

Export the edited audio from Audacity as .mp3 or .wav.

Import the edited .mp3 or .wav in the Premiere Elements project.

You can delete the original audio that remained. To do that, right click the video and select Delete Audio from the pop up menu.

Then move the edited Audio into place underneath the video on Video 1.

I am not too hopeful about the Audio Gain in Premiere Elements, but the Audacity increased Amplification may be the answer.

http://thebest3d.com/audacity/tutorials/make-louder/audacity-tutorial-make-louder-more-vol ume-increased-amplitude.html

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR