Where did you create this slideshow? And, what form is it in now?
a. Did you create the slideshow in Elements Organizer 11 and saved it as a Slide Show Project and there it sits.
If so, convert the Elements Organizer 11 catalog in Elements Organizer 12.
b. Did you create the slideshow in Premiere Elements 11 Editor and do you have it sitting there on the Timeline of
a project (in a project.prel file).
If so, you will need to export the Timeline to a file and then import that file into a new Premiere Elements 12 project
If so, you could try to open the Premiere Elements 11 project.prel in Premiere Elements 12. But, remember that once
you edit an earlier project in a later version, you cannot go back and edit the the Premiere Elements 12 edited project in
Premiere Elements 11.
We will be watching for further details on your situation.
Add On....What version of Windows is your Premiere Elements 11 and 12 running on?
Slideshow was created in Photoshop Elements 11. I then purchased Premiere Elements 12 to be able to burn a DVD for the slideshow. Slideshow resides on Elements Organizer 11 and was saved as a slideshow project. I am using Windows 7 Professional. How do I go about converting the catalog from Organizer 11 to Organizer 12 as you suggest ?
Thanks for your response.
Given that you have Photoshop Elements 11 and Premiere Elements 12 on the same computer....
1. Know the name of the Elements Organizer 11 catalog (See Elements Organizer 11 File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager).
Close out of there.
2. Open the Elements Organizer 12, accessed from Premiere Elements 12.
3. In the Elements Organizer 12, go to File Menu/Manage Catalogs/Catalog Manager and click on the Convert button in the Catalog Manager dialog.
4. In the Convert Catalog dialog that appears, look for the name of your Elements Organizer 11 catalog, select it, and then hit the Convert command at the bottom of that Convert Catalog dialog.
5. From that point onward, follow the messages that you get from the program. (If you have any problems, I will go into deeper details.)
When all is done, you will have your Elements Organizer 11 catalog opened in Elements Organizer 12 where it will remain in use until you switch to another catalog there. Your Elements Organizer 11 will remain as it was in Elements Organizer 11. Moving forward, what you do in the converted catalog in Elements Organizer 12 will not affect the Elements Organizer 11 and vice versa.
Please let us know if you are OK with the above and if it worked for you.
Thank you very much. It worked and my problem is now solved.
Your follow up was much appreciated.