4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2006 7:52 PM by tcumpston

Cue Points

tcumpston
      I have a quicktime clip that I using in Flash 8 encoder. I enter 4 cue points through out the clip. They correspond to a fade up from black. I then encode the clip and playback in my Flash 8 movie. During playback, the cuePoints that I embeded have slipped by as much as a few seconds. Is this normal?
        • 1. Re: Cue Points
          Rothrock Level 5
          I don't have experience with Flash 8 encoded cue points. But my guess the answer to your question is "No." Especially if that is what you are finding. However drifting by a few seconds doesn't seem right either.

I know that in Flash 7 video, the seek() method will only seek to the nearest video keyframe. (not to be confused with Flash timeline keyframes!) So you might want to make sure that there are more encoded keyframes than fewer. Of course this will increase file size, but you should be able to find a happy medium.

Maybe?
          • 2. Re: Cue Points
            tcumpston Level 1
            I'm playing around with adding more keyframes. I had completely overlooked that possiblilty since I though that cuePoints were keyframe independent. Thanks for the information.
            • 3. Re: Cue Points
              Rothrock Level 5
              Like I said, I'm not certain. So let us know what you find out by experimentation.
              • 4. Re: Cue Points
                tcumpston Level 1
                I lowered the keyframe rate to 1 and still no glory. The cuePoint is still slipping by as much as 2 to 3 seconds. I'll call Macromedia to see if they have any suggestions on this.