9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2014 2:44 PM by Dale Mullen RSS

Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)

Dale Mullen Community Member

Although my video files are in a format supposedly accepted by PSE 11, each time I attempt to insert a video file, I'm informed that the file was skipped because it is not one of the acceptable Windows video formats (which is incorrect as the files are in the organizer and listed as acceptable).

How can this be corrected?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)
          John T Smith CommunityMVP

What IS your file?

Codec & Format information, with 2 links inside to read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1270588

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

• 2. Re: Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)
            A.T. Romano Community Member

Dale Mullen

Video files are not supported by the Photoshop Elements 11 Editor or any other version of Photoshop Elements (photo editor), but are accepted for placement in the Elements Organizer. The Slideshow Editor is a feature of the Elements Organizer (Windows), and it does not accept video inclusion unless "Windows video formats".

slideshow.JPG

As an example, one of my cameras offers H.264.mov. But can be placed in the Elements Organizer, but are not accepted in the Elements Organizer/Create/Slideshow/Slideshow Editor. This is not something new to Photoshop Elements 11 or Elements Organizer 11.

What is the destination for your Elements Organizer 11 Slideshow...Premiere Elements 11? If so, place these video files in the slideshow once it gets to Premiere Elements after you used the Slideshow Editor command Edit with Premiere Elements Editor. Once the slideshow is in Premiere Elements using that command, you can right click the slideshow on the Timeline, select Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow, and do more editing, including video import with Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets to the Timeline.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification, but what I just described is "it is what it is".

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)

Dale Mullen

John is leaving open the possibiity that you may be working with "Windows Media compatible" video files or has not run into this Elements Organizer/Create/Slideshow/Slideshow Editor video inclusion limitation before. I have and immediately jumped to the conclusion that your files are not Windows Media compatible.

Can any of your Elements Organizer video files be played back in the Windows Media Player installed on your computer? If so...

What is the video compression and file extension of the files that are causing a problem for you getting them into the Elements Organizer 11 Slideshow Editor. I suspect .mov, m2ts, or .mts for starters.

If my first impression of the situation is correct, then you best put the videos into the project on the Premiere Elements 11 Editor sides of things after you use the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor's Output Command "Edit with Premiere Elements Editor". Once the slideshow is on the Premiere Elements 11 Timeline, then you can right click the slideshow, select Break Apart Elements Organizer Slideshow, and then do you further edits of the Slideshow, including adding video.

Please let us know if you have questions or need clarification on the above.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)
                the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

Dale,

Are you ONLY working with Photoshop Elements and the Elements Organizer?

Do you have Premiere Elements too? Those two programs are often sold in a bundle.

If you only have Photoshop Elements and the Elements Organizer (shared when one has both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements), the video is not part of the mix, when creating a SlideShow. One also needs Premiere Elements (a video-editing program).

Good luck, and please let us know all of the Adobe programs that you have.

Hunt

• 5. Re: Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)

Hunt

If you only have Photoshop Elements and the Elements Organizer (shared when one has both Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements), the video is not part of the mix, when creating a SlideShow. One also needs Premiere Elements (a video-editing program).

Video and its linked audio can be included in the Elements Organizer Slideshow with the understanding

a. the video cannot be edited there

b. graphics, text cannot be added to it there

c. it needs to be of a Windows Media compatible format to be accepted there

Not all slideshows have to be taken to burn to disc in Premiere Elements. This slideshow has the opportunity to be taken to a .wmv video file or burned to a CD disc in VCD format with just Photoshop Elements 11 and its Elements Organizer 11 in the equation.. The VCD format is not all that attractive these days with better resolution products available. But the wmv product can be used in a variety of ways.

So, flares went up when I saw "the video is not part of the mix, when creating a SlideShow. One also needs Premiere Elements (a video-editing program)".  But if one does not have Premiere Elements, then....

If all that the user has is Photoshop Elements 11 and Elements Organizer 11, then we can suggest the best possible for that situation.

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)

Thanks to all who helped.

After quite a bit of fiddling, I found that the problem was with my file conversion application/program. All seems OK now.

Dale

• 7. Re: Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)

Dale Mullen

Great news. Great job sorting out the issue to your advantage.

Your follow up was much appreciated.

ATR

• 8. Re: Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)

ATR:

Thank for taking the time to reply and your information.

I was actually working on a slide show and was trying to input several short videos, which I have done a number of times before using earlier versions of PSE 11.

After numberous unsuccessful trials, I finally determined that my "trusty" (?) video editor was screwing things up. The solution was to use another editor and everything worked fine.

• 9. Re: Adobe PSE 11 will not accept video files (in slide show)

Bill:

Yes, I have the PSE 11 and PSP 11 bundle.

I've never used PSP as I find it very confusing and have had little or no luck in my attempts to use the application.

However, I did find my problem and is seems to have been with my video editor (used to change video formats). Downloading and trying another editor seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks for the reply and information.