1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2014 12:56 PM by Warunicorn

Is Adobe Photoshop Touch (business cards design only) a better option?

SMIAH25

Hi

I do a lot of business cards design/editing using Adobe Photoshop on Windows 8. I end up carrying the laptop around most of the time. I was planning on buying a Google Nexus 7 32GB (2013) variant due to the high IPS screen and will be ideal for carrying around instead of a bulky laptop.  Also getting a high quality touchpen

I was wondering if someone can help me with regards to Adobe Photoshop Touch;

1. What's the difference between this and the acutal Windows version?
      2. Will this be suitable just for business card design?
        Normally I just use layers, transparent background (.png), import .png, .jpg CMYK colours.

Many Thanks

• 1. Re: Is Adobe Photoshop Touch (business cards design only) a better option?
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

1. PS Touch shares the main layers paradigm with desktop Photoshop (as well as some other features like filters, effects and editing). It's basically a toned-down but very capabile, mobile version of Photoshop.

Also of note: New users get confused about how PS Touch works with projects. They are basically self-contained within PS Touch until you decide how you want to export them. (e.g., PSD, JPEG, etc.) You also have the option of sync'ing your projects to Creative Cloud should you have an account, as well as pulling in assets into PS Touch projects should the need arise.

There's nothing to stop you from springboarding an idea in PS Touch and finishing it in Photoshop. (Note that PS Touch's native file format (PSDX) is only supported in Photoshop CC and CS6. You can, of course, export a PS Touch project as PSD and open it in other programs like Photoshop Elements.)

2. The only caveats I would have in this regard is the use of fonts; there's a list of fonts available in PS Touch but nowhere near the sheer amount available for use in Photoshop. But, again, this is where the interoperability between the two comes in handy. Start on PS Touch and finish it in Photoshop.

The other caveat is the issue of DPI. PS Touch works with 72 DPI only but this can, of course, be easily solved in Photoshop in the final steps.

I have the 16 GB version of the Google Nexus 7 (2013). PS Touch screams on it.