5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2014 7:35 PM by A.T. Romano

Primer 11 unusable. White editor screen, drivers not recognized?

clonetool

i did a update on windows and since i have not been able to use premier 11. The video editor is white all the time even as clips are being played in the time line. Only way to see clips in the editor is to stop player and click and you can then crop but once you start the video editor screen goes to white.

Program is now so slow unusable. 10 min to open and upload clips. prior to update it was 2 min max.

Program say the the driver for the display is not compatable and to update. It has been updated from Intel and toshiba. it has the newest factory installed driver as per Toshiba. machine is a Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7 using a Pentium processor with 4 gig of ram and 150 gig of free space. The driver in question is for the intel mobile4 series express chipset family 2.1.0  build 8.15.10.2086. As stated this is the latest driver from Toshiba and it is a factory driver. any help is appreciated. All worked fine prior to the windows update.

• 1. Re: Primer 11 unusable. White editor screen, drivers not recognized?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

clonetool

Are you using Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit? For now I will assume that you are and that you have confirmed that your video card/graphics card driver is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the computer.

In that case, please see if deleting the BadDrivers.txt file will impact and/or resolve you present display error.

Local Disk C

Program Data

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the BadDrivers.txt file that you delete. Once you close out of there and open a Premiere Elements project, the program will generate a new BadDrivers.txt file and the problem will hopefully be gone. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

By the way, does your computer use 1 or 2 video card/graphic card?

Please review and then let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Primer 11 unusable. White editor screen, drivers not recognized?
            clonetool Level 1

Thank you very much for your answer. I am glad you added the note to show hidden files as the first three times through the directory I could not see the folder. Thanks again. Worked great. On another note: Please pass on to Adobe that a central ID that links all the actions of a customer would be a big help. I had to sign in twice and had to use a Google search to find this page. If I could sign in and then bring up this page it would be a great help.

John

• 3. Re: Primer 11 unusable. White editor screen, drivers not recognized?
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Nobody here from Adobe, and the only way I know of to communicate with Adobe is about program products, not these forums

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for bug reports or feature requests

>If I could sign in and then bring up this page

Why don't you add the forum main page to your browser bookmarks?

• 4. Re: Primer 11 unusable. White editor screen, drivers not recognized?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

John (clonetool)

Thanks for the great news of success and for your stick-to-it-tiveness with the follow up.

I have no insider contact with the web site. I am just a Premiere Elements user in this user to user forum.

At times, I have a hard time findings threads. I will see if I can put together some tips on finding one's own prior threads.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: Primer 11 unusable. White editor screen, drivers not recognized?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

John (clonetool)

Here my suggestion for finding one of your prior threads. See if this works for you.

Sign in at the Premiere Elements Forum.

After you do, click on "Welcome, clonetool" at the top right of the page. When you do,

you will be shown a page with your information which includes a "My Stuff" Tab. Click on

"My Stuff" Tab, and you should see a list of your prior posts.

What do you think? Go or no go with that idea.

ATR