4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 6:01 AM by ProDesignTools

A12E1 error yet again

toni_toaster

Again I have received a notification that Creative Cloud had an update and again when I attempted to install I got the A12E1 error. Last time I got this error (about 3 weeks ago) I posted to the forum and got some hints from Adobe staff. I did what they said and it installed. Yet with the next update I got the same old error message again, just like a bad smell.

So today I followed another Adobe staff member recommendation and it appears that all my CC apps have now been removed and I will have to spend many hours dowloading them again. What an incredible waste of time. 

Adobe, you need to get your act together. I am getting a bit tired of having to rename folders and download the latest version of the installer every time there is an update. It is costing me time and money. I am paying YOU, you need to make it easier for ME.

And to your helpful staff who may feel compelled to reply to this and give me some useful tips. If you want to be truly helpful, tell me how I can fix this once and forever. Not just until the next update.

• 1. Re: A12E1 error yet again
          Garima.J JapanEmployeeModerator

Hi toni_toaster,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

We're so sorry for the frustrating experience. To resolve this concern you can use the below mentioned links-

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/a12e1-error-downloading-creative-cloud.html

and

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6210385

Let us know if that helps!

Thanks

Garima

• 2. Re: A12E1 error yet again
            ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

toni_toaster wrote:

So today I followed another Adobe staff member recommendation and it appears that all my CC apps have now been removed and I will have to spend many hours dowloading them again. What an incredible waste of time. 

Hi Toni,

Yikes.  See if this helps instead, for getting any of the CC tools and/or updates without using the Desktop app manager:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6101747#6101747

• 3. Re: A12E1 error yet again
              toni_toaster Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

Because I need to use these apps every day I decided to try restoring them from backup (Time Machine OSX 10.7.5) before your message arrived. I did this because (a) there didn't seem to be anything in the CC updater that allowed me to reinstall and (b) reinstalling using the updater takes around 12 hours for each app. I don't have the fastest connection in the world, but it's not the slowest, either. Restoring worked fine, however I don't know if I am using the most recent version or not. I've checked through the app in Help>Updates and the application manager tells me that InDesign, Photoshop and Dreamweaver are up to date. I can only wait until the next update arrives to see if I have to go through a whole new process of errors and having to change folder names etc, etc.

However, Illustrator is being difficult. The application manager tells me that there is a 151mb update available. I downloaded it from the link you provided but when I try to install the update failed, here is the error log message: "Adobe Illustrator CC Update (version 17.1.0). There was an error installing this update. Please quit and try again later. Error Code: U44M1U5".

I am at my wit's end here. It takes a really long time to download/install the apps using the installer and I can't go through the errors with Creative Cloud each time there is an update. Seems like I am going round in circles.

• 4. Re: A12E1 error yet again
                ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Does this help?  Some solutions suggested for a U44M1U5 error:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1293978