Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microphone Allow Access on IOS

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm creating an App for IOS that needs access to the Microphone for recordng.

The first time the Microphone is beeing accessed the user needs to Allow Access.

In case the user don't allow acceess I would like to show a message that he need to allow access to use the record feature in the App (by going to Settings/Privacy/Microphone).

If the user tries to record again I would like to show the security message again (if posible)

I've read in the documentation that the property "muted" is set to true if the user selected "D'ont allow" access.

However mic.muted is always false.

I also tried to force the security panel to show:  Security.showSettings(SecurityPanel.MICROPHONE); But it doesn't work.

I use the latest Air 4.0.0.1628 (Also tried to compile with 3.8 but with the same result)

Any help appreciated!

Rolf

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, this might be a bug in Adobe Air.

My App also acceess the iPads Images so the user needs to Alllow access to the Camera Roll as well.

If the user choose Don't Allow aceess, then the next time he tries to open the Camera Roll, the following Securty message is shown:

ImageSecurityAlert.jpg

The Microphone Security should be handled in a similar way, right?

Rolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines