• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is the user agreement for Flash Player in Arabic? Most of us can't read Arabic.

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While awaiting the latest install of Flash Player, I decided to check out the user agreement:

• It opens showing a page in Arabic
  • It is 304 pages long
  • There is no obvious link to a table of contents
  • There is no question asking what language is preferred

I wonder whether or not this is so incompetently done that a reasonable jury would find that no user could be reasonably expected to have read or agreed to anything.

//The link goes to page 1 of the 304 page "Personal Computer Software License Agreement", which is in Arabic. After I had worked with it and found the table of languages, the next time I opened the document, it went to the last page I had open-- page 87, which is in English (United States).  I do not ask for it to detect my language, merely offer me a choice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click that link, it goes (as it should from a U.S. IP Address) to the hyperlinked page 87, which is where the English portion begins.

p87.jpg

Your browser or International settings may prevent it from doing so, but I have nine machines that ALL parse the link the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All I can tell you is that when I first cicked on the link that was offered to me after I had downloaded the update,  it opened on page 1, which is in Arabic.   I see the "en" in the link now.  Perhaps that wasn't in the link I had originally clicked.   I don't think I can go back and find that original link now. Maybe that's all it was.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it does not automatically open the English section, you can always click on English in the left-hand side bookmarks:

FP_EULA.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines