0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2014 1:33 PM by tja

Premiere Elements 12 - Gaps in audio playback

tja

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with Adobe Premiere Elements 12: when I play video in timeline or preview window, there are lots of gaps and pauses in audio playback, even though video is playing smoothly. Usually the pattern goes like this: 2 seconds of clean audio - 0,5 seconds silence - 2 seconds of clean audio... etc.

I have tried the following:

- change audio buffer settings

- change audio device (I have tested with integrated audio chip ("High Definition Audio"), M-Audio Fast Track Pro and cheap USB audio interface - same results with all of them)

- start a new project with correct settings and import only one file

- disable background antivirus monitoring

Usually source material is AVCHD 1440x1080 25fps (PAL, MTS-file) from small Sony camera, but this problem seems to continue even if I insert only still photo and mp3 audio to timeline. CPU load is about 6% during playback. It seems like Premiere Elements makes these gaps to playback signal before sending it to audio hardware?

Computer specs: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3,4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 128GB SSD drive for OS & software and 2.0TB 7200 rpm drive for video, Intel HD Graphics 4600, Windows 8 (64bit).

I would be really grateful if someone could give me some tips to solve this annoying audio playback problem.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this problem occurs all the time - even when video is rendered in timeline.