8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 7:08 AM by A.T. Romano
      • 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10 issues
        A.T. Romano Level 7

Just a note about your YouTube video demo of your issue. The first viewing runs OK, but then one suddenly gets into a video on Magic Extractor tutorial.

To sum up what is in the video demo'ing your issues

Premiere Elements 10 running on Mac Book Pro (Mountain Lion)

Issues

a. Drop down lists that do not open

and

b. 2 minute exports that you say takes 10 hours to export

What video card/grapics card does your Premiere Elements 10 use?

Is your computer optimized? Computer resources? Permissions? Preview, conformed video, and conformed audio pile ups?

What are the properties of this 2 minute movie? What effects and other have you added to it?

What is your export? Where are you in Share and, if you are in Share/Computer, what are the export settings for this export under

the preset's Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab?

Are these "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" issues?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10 issues
          1000adobeuser1000 Level 1

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

I don't think I optimized my computer. I'm not sure what computer resources and permissions are. Also, I don't know what "Preview, conformed video, and conformed audio pile ups?" are as well.

This 2 minute video (when I was just playing around) was literally one still image I took a picture of that I stretched to 2 minutes long (with no other effects or anything). That's really concerning. I'm exporting to my desktop. Here's what the export settings say (sorry for the mess):

Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 7.49.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 7.49.20 PM.png

I was going to post more, but it's all the default stuff that you're given when you first open up.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 10 issues
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Thanks for the follow up.

Let  us do some prep for thinking in terms of computer optimization.

a. Open Premiere Elements 10. You should get hit with the new project dialog. Click on Change Settings.

Change the project preset from the default NTSC DV Standard to NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97.

b. Then use Get Media/Files and Folders/ to import some jpeg photos (try to find ones not much greater than 1920 x 1080 pixels and keep the Timeline content duration to about 2 minutes or whatever you had before.)

You can scale them to fit the Edit area monitor space or leave them with black borders if there are any.

c. Then Share/Computer/AVCHD and set Presets = MP4 - H.264 1920 x 1080p30. Hit Save.

How long does it take to export your Timeline to that AVCHD.mp4 file?

Let us see how that turns out.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...I have assumed that your setup is for NTSC rather than PAL.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 10 issues

How do you change the preset to MP4 when it's on F4V? I can't click on any of the drop down menus, although I can scroll on some. So what do i do? I changed the new project presets and the time decreased to 1.5 hours, but that doesn't help much.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 10 issues
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Can you click on Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD?

If you are seeing F4V, then you are in Publish+Share/Computer/Adobe Flash Video. Let us see how close you can get to AVCHD and setting the preset that I mentioned. I am not sure of what your latest settings were but....need to think about that in later....

a. Select Adobe Flash Video header. Use the down arrow key of the computer keyboard to scroll down the list from Adobe Flash Video until you get to AVCHD? If you get that far, can you set the Presets as requested?

b. Weren't we at 10 hours for the F4V 2 min export before and got down to 1.5 hours with this latest try?

In the long run we may be looking a deactivation from within the program, uninstall, ccleaner run through, and reinstall.

It is very late where I am so I will look for further developments on the issue in the light of day.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 10 issues

Thanks for your help. When I do this, the export time is cut down to 45 minutes and when I do it with Quicktime, it's cut down to 12 minutes. I really appreciate your help. I just don't know how to fix the scroll down menu stuff, but it's not that big of a deal. I already tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and the same stuff happens. Whatever the case, much obliged for your help.

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 10 issues
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Thanks for the follow ups. The news is sounding better. However the menu navigation continues to sound like problems.

For now, I am suggesting Mac rather than Premiere Elements based for that. I do not have a Mac computer, but I wonder

about your mouse and preferences. Did you incorporate a ccleaner Mac cleanup in your uninstall reinstall troubleshooting?

https://www.piriform.com/mac/ccleaner

Also, look for pile ups of preview files, conformed audio files, and conformed video files. Not sure where they would be on your

Mac, but on Windows

Preview Files would be in Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder in default location of Documents/Adobe/version number

Conformed Audio Files (check Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks for location)

Conformed Video Files best gotten at via Edit Menu/Preferences/Media and the Media Cache Database area.

Please update us on your progress when you get the chance.

Thanks.

ATR