4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 5:05 PM by jodette2

Adobe ID?

jodette2

Is it normal to have email addresses used as Adobe IDs? It seem that that makes it easier for people to hack into Adobe accounts. This is the third time I have had to type this stuff into a form - not sure if this is normal but seems to me to be redundent and inefficient.

• 1. Re: Adobe ID?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Well, a good password should keep you from getting hacked.

But if you're concerned about how Adobe IDs are used, it might be a good idea to contact Adobe rather than simply post to this user-to-user forum. None of us on this forum work for Adobe, and we're not able to change the current system.

"This is the third time I have had to type this stuff into a form"

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

• 2. Re: Adobe ID?
            nealeh Level 5

There was a time when the display name was the actual id - so  I logged in as nealeh. But they changed it all over to e-mail addresses last year.

I don't understand your comment about having to fill in a form three times, is there a problem there we can try and help you out with?

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 3. Re: Adobe ID?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

jodette2

I was going to ask you what version of Premiere Elements that you are using, but once you mentioned Sign In and email address, I was almost certain you are talking about Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and its Help Menu/Sign In (with email address shown) and the Sign Out there used to deactivate the program.

The Sign In part of the program created problems for me twice, once at the original install and then weeks later when I did an uninstall/reinstall of Premiere Elements to correct a problem with another program.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/12/pe12-adobe-idpassword-requirement-for.html

After that there was one instance in that time frame when I suddenly got pop ups that my trial had expired. I did not have the trial. Only the purchased product (installation disc). The dialog gave me two options - license this program or continue the trial. I opted for license this product and supplied the information requested. That stopped happening after a little while. But, I have concerns about any future deactivation/uninstalls/reinstalls.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe ID?
                jodette2 Level 1

Everyone - many thanks for your help. I believe I was being directed to too many options and getting confused. Thanks for the tip regarding the password. Makes sense.