2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 9:35 AM by Danguy

    Robohelp 9 Compiler/Single Source Layouts are dead

    Danguy

      Hi

      We are using Robohelp 9 on Windows 7 and after working on the same project for 2 years now, all of a sudden, the project will not close down without crashing it from the Task Manager, and also we select compile HTML file and it just does nothing.

      We cannot compile any single source layout. We also cannot create a new single source layout - system just ignores all commands.

      We tried deleting part of the project - thinking it was maybe too big, but that is not the case.

      We tried copying the project to another computer thinking maybe the installation is corrupt.

      We also tried deleting the cpd - no luck.

       

      Can anyone put light on this matter - why do these things always happen just before a deadline?

       

      Thank you

      Melanie

        • 1. Re: Robohelp 9 Compiler/Single Source Layouts are dead
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

          First we need to ascertain if this is machine or project specific?

           

          Did the copy work OK on the other machine?

           

          What happens with one of the sample projects on the problem machine? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

           


          See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

           

           

          @petergrainge

          • 2. Re: Robohelp 9 Compiler/Single Source Layouts are dead
            Danguy Level 1

            Thank you for your reply.

            The file was on the TFS source safe. I removed it and was still experiencing the same problem.

            I did everything you suggested, opened samples, all other files work, all other projects that were not on the TFS open.

            The strange thing is that once we removed it from TFS, the same file did work on other machines, but on mine would not close and would not compile.

            After a lot of analyzing i saw an odd file that must have come from the TFS with an ext .ldb.

            I am wondering if this originally caused the problem.

             

            For now we have recreated and reconstructed the file by slowly importing folder by folder of topics into the project trying to isolate problematic topics. 

            Thank you