3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 9:56 AM by preditorj40153117

    AE and Its Kinda File Memory

    preditorj40153117 Level 1

      I am working with a lot of AE comps on Dynamic link in PPro Cs5. While in premier the SEQ renders fine and on playback looks EXACTLY as i expected. However on export it the file comes out with color bars on certain parts the were generated in AE.


      The file has not moved and has been in the same file location as it was when i preped the project prior to doing any edit work at all. The file has not been move nor has it been modified.


      It is driving me crazy and has added a day and a half to my otherwised finished project. I am so tired of chasing the files. (VENT)


      So Why the hell does it keep loosing the file?

      Is there a way to make AE collect the file in a way that ensures the reference fedelity?

        • 1. Re: AE and Its Kinda File Memory
          preditorj40153117 Level 1

          Now it will not let me replace it and there are Keframes involved. Alot of them too.


          AE Hating.png

          • 2. Re: AE and Its Kinda File Memory
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

            Check frame rates, check codecs, clear cache. You have not given us any information about your project. There are lots of things that could be causing your problems, most of them workflow related.


            It looks like you are trying to replace a composition with some footage. That's is not the way to do it. The missing footage resides in the composition. Open the comp with the missing footage and find it there, then replace it.


            AE Basics

            • 3. Re: AE and Its Kinda File Memory
              preditorj40153117 Level 1

              Yeah Rick that was a brain overload on the replace screenshot. When i went into the folder it did correctly. However it was the 4th time i had done it.




              built a comp in PS cs5 then imported that into AE then animated (1080p30)

              I animated several comps before even opening PPro.

              Then i opened premier (AVC 1080p30) and sequenced the comps to match the V/O.

              There was a lot of going back and forth with AE due to it being timed to voice.

              I rendered in AE (No Mercury Playback)

              Then exported h264 1080p29.97 and i also did Mpeg2 1080p29.97


              On export it will loose the file. However when i replace the file in AE it will export smoothly until I close both AE and PPro.

              When i open the next day and try the export it jumps back to there being a missing file in AE cs5.


              On todays replacement i actually moved the file to another folder on another drive to see if it would do the same when i reopen later today.