2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 6:49 AM by Rick Gerard

Embedding a countdown timer, that is linked to real time, into a video

r-media canada

Hey,

I'm trying to figure out how to do something I have never done and got no clue where to start.

What I am trying to accomplish is to make a 10-sec video that has a real time countdown clock to a certain part of the day (Ie: 5 hours and 10 secs left till 8 pm). Designing the clock is simple, what I cannot figure out is what program i should use and how to make it link to real time. Is this possible in after efects or do i need to use flash proffessional or something else. To give you a little bit more information, typicly I design ads that just run on a loop, this ad has to be different because it needs to run in a loop and somehow go and get the countdown according to real time and not just the videos length.  (I've heard of somehow making a flash SWF file that either links to computer or RSS file, but I have no idea how to do that in aftereffects.) This is what i can find, but NOT what i want: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-ilCXXAQGA&app=desktop I want it to use real time for countdown.

The media player running this 10-sec video ad is apparently compatible with Flash SWF.

Any help is good and if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks in advance .