5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2014 8:20 PM by A.T. Romano

Blurry Menu titles

thisone1

I am using Elements 10 and I consistently get blurry menu titles when I burn to dvd. I see others have the same problem in elements 11, but I see no solutions. I was thinking of purchasing Elements 12 in the hopes that this issue would be gone, but if people are having this problem in 11 it makes me think it is in 12 too. So, is it me or is it a bug in the program? My project settings match the raw video size (1440 x 1080). Help! This has gone on long enough and I am making these discs for a non-profit who sells them...

• 1. Re: Blurry Menu titles
          A.T. Romano Level 7

thisonel

Let see if we can improve your disc menu situation in Premiere Elements 10.

What video card/graphics card does your computer use and what is your computer operating system?

1. Give me a name for a disc menu that you want to use, and we will focus on that.

2. What are the properties of your source media that are going into this project. Are you saying that your camera

records 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 at 29.97 interlaced frames per second or something else? Does the file come with

Stereo or 5.1 Channel audio?

a. What are you setting as the project preset for your project?

b. How many menu markers (main menu markers, scene menu markers, and stop markers)?

3. When you go to export, what are you selecting

a. DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc

b. AVCHD format on DVD disc

c. Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

Whichever one you select, what is the preset that you select for it....1440 x 1080 or 1920 x 1080 type?

Although I am asking for only one disc menu to use to work through the troubleshooting, I would ask "Are your choices for disc

menu template for the ones with HD in the upper right corner of the thumbnail in the menu display area of the program.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Blurry Menu titles
            A.T. Romano Level 7

thisone1

Thanks for the reply but your message did not get posted.

This usually happens when the message is posted from a cell phone.

For best results please revert to however you posted your thread successfully.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Blurry Menu titles
              thisone1 Level 1

thisonel

Let see if we can improve your disc menu situation in Premiere Elements 10.

What video card/graphics card does your computer use and what is your computer operating system?

GTX550 Ti NVDIA GeForce- I saw the warning about this from Adobe and my version is actually from 2011- 8.17.12.7588  which is way older than they are suggesting people roll back to, but I thought it was best not to update it because of those issues...

Windows 7 Home Premium, 3.40GHz Intel

Working off an external hard drive (931 GB total space)

1. Give me a name for a disc menu that you want to use, and we will focus on that.

Honestly, I don't like any of them-is there somewhere I can get some more? There are only 10 options and of those only 4 that are HD. I was trying to use Faux Widescreen which is NOT HD so I tried using Grid (HD) and the same thing happened. Can I make my own? I need a very simple menu.

2. What are the properties of your source media that are going into this project. Are you saying that your camera

records 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 at 29.97 interlaced frames per second or something else? YES Does the file come with Stereo or 5.1 Channel audio?

Stereo

a. What are you setting as the project preset for your project?

1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 at 29.97 frames per second

b. How many menu markers (main menu markers, scene menu markers, and stop markers)?

On this particular one, no markers, other than just a Play button. No stop marker at the end, have read about that. Have done ones with scenes and same thing happened.

3. When you go to export, what are you selecting

a. DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc - NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD, Highest Quality

b. AVCHD format on DVD disc

c. Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

Whichever one you select, what is the preset that you select for it....1440 x 1080 or 1920 x 1080 type?

NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD, Highest Quality

Although I am asking for only one disc menu to use to work through the troubleshooting, I would ask "Are your choices for disc

menu template for the ones with HD in the upper right corner of the thumbnail in the menu display area of the program.

Have tried both with no luck..

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Blurry Menu titles
                A.T. Romano Level 7

thisone1

Thanks for the additional information. Very helpful.

I have some plans for this.

a. Customizing the menus with different font styles and font sizes and font color and other at the disc menus section of the opened Premiere Elements 10 project

and, if necessary,

b. modifying the .psd files on which the theme are based, using Photoshop CS or higher Or Photoshop Elements.

I will road test my thoughts on this by tomorrow from creation of the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with menus to playback of this on a computer player and my TV DVD player.

Do you have Photoshop CS or higher Or Photoshop Elements? These should do the job. The GIMP program can be used to edit .psd, but I much prefer to use Photoshop Elements or Photoshop CS or higher for best results.

More later.

ATR