4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 4:57 AM by rosinanteco_awk

Search Small Caps via the FindChangeList

rosinanteco_awk

I need to figure out how to search small caps and replace with my character style via the FindChangebyList-script. Can someone please help me?

• 1. Re: Search Small Caps via the FindChangeList
          Kasyan Servetsky Level 5

Enter the settings into the "Find-Change" dialog box, check if they work as expected and use the Record Find Change script by Martin Fisher to record the settings.

This script writes the current find/change preferences to a text file so that you can copy/paste them into a find/change list file. It will come in handy to those who use FindChangeByList.jsx script and have trouble with editing FindChangeList.txt file.

• 2. Re: Search Small Caps via the FindChangeList
            rosinanteco_awk Level 1

Thanks.

Unfortunatelyt, it seems to fail recording the first string. I have entered my settings and made sure it worked, then run the record script, but it leaves the first part empty:

text{}{appliedCharacterStyle:"smallcaps"}{includeLockedStoriesForFind:false, includeLockedLayersForFind:false, includeHiddenLayers:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeFootnotes:true, wholeWord:false, caseSensitive:false, kanaSensitive:true, widthSensitive:true, ignoreKashidas:true, ignoreDiacritics:false}//Apply "smallcaps" character style.

Shouldn't it look more like this line (which works)?:

text{findwhat:"",fontStyle:"Italic"}{changeTo:"", appliedCharacterStyle:"italic"}{includeFootnotes:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeHiddenLayers:true, wholeWord:false}Apply "italic" character style.
            • 3. Re: Search Small Caps via the FindChangeList
              Kasyan Servetsky Level 5
              text{capitalization: Capitalization.SMALL_CAPS}{appliedCharacterStyle:"Italic"}{includeFootnotes:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeHiddenLayers:true, wholeWord:false}
              • 4. Re: Search Small Caps via the FindChangeList
                rosinanteco_awk Level 1

I modified it a bit, and now it seems to work:

text{findwhat: "",capitalization: Capitalization.SMALL_CAPS}{changeTo:"", appliedCharacterStyle:"smallcaps"}{includeFootnotes:true, includeMasterPages:true, includeHiddenLayers:true, wholeWord:true}

Thank you!

NB. But I'm a bit sorry, that the Record script didn't work properly. That would have been excellent.