15 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2014 12:44 PM by A.T. Romano

Expert Modus doesn't work

needyourhelp

I cannot work in expert modus because the imported files don't appear in the windows... It works without problems for weeks and suddenly doesnt work anymore... I desinstalled and reinstallecd completely premiere elements 11 but without any success. Do you have some ideas? (windows7)

• 1. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
          A.T. Romano Level 7

needy

Premiere Elements 11 Windows 7 (assumed 64 bit)

Please forgive the question, but I do not want to take anything for granted.

Are you sure that you are working in the Expert workspace and not the Quick workspace of the program?

If you are in the Expert workspace, do you see a "Project Assets" section before you attempt to Add Media?

Expert.JPG

If you go to Quick workspace and Add Media/Files and Folders, select some videos,

do you see them in the scene slots in the Filmstrip of Quick workspace?

Please review, consider, and supply more details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you please give us more information?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

What operating system are you using? What processor does your computer have and how much RAM?

Have you ensured that you have the latest version of Quicktime installed on your computer? Have you manually gone to the ATI or nVidia site and ensured you have the latest version of the your graphic card's driver?

Are you saying that the program does work in Quick view but not in Expert view?

• 3. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
              A.T. Romano Level 7

needy

Follow up questions...

If you can see a Project Assets Palette in the Expert workspace, can you click on the triangle next to its name to open it?

If you can, please cascade the computer windows, and drag a jpeg or video clip from the computer desktop into the opened Project Assets Palette.

What happens?

If you need further details on the how to, please let me know.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                needyourhelp Level 1

Hello, thanks for your help!!!

so sure, I am in expert mode.

when I add some files (from the harddisk), they don't appear after loading  in the "project elemente" (sry, I'm working in german, I'm french and I explain you in english...not so easy!)

so I went in quick mode and loaded the files. They appear in the timeline.

After I can return in Expert mode, the files are there, but I want to add music, photos and graphics, and without expert mode it's not really possible.

I work for a good year with the programm and never had problems... till today.

Unbenannt-1 Kopie.jpg

I don't think the problem ist because of RAM oder processor, beccause it's working fine in quickmode

thanks...

• 5. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                  nealeh Level 5

Your screen looks normal. You can drag files directly to the timeline but it sounds as though you have added them to Projektelemente by import. Click the down arrow on Projektelemente and they should appear in a grid. You can drag them from there to your timeline.

1.png

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 6. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                    needyourhelp Level 1

Neale, thank you but I'm not such a beginner!

When I clic on the array it doen't work... that's the reason why I wrote here!

• 7. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

needy

Thank you for your help through this multi language situation

1. Before you Add Media, can you click on the tiny triangle next to Project Assets (Projektelemente) and get that to open.

Can you get the Project Assets opened to show that empty look. If yes, then continue to 2.

English.JPG

2. Save a video file to the computer desktop. Then right click the Taskbar at the bottom of the computer window, select Cascade Windows.

Then with the mouse cursor drag the video file from the computer desktop directly into the Project Assets opened empty space. Does it import there?

If solves the problem, good. If not, please delete the Premiere Elements 11 settings file which has the name Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs.. In Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit, it can be found in the path

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

ATR

Add On...when you have been using Add Media, what have you selected for this...Files and Folders or something else?

• 8. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

needy

I did not see your latest comment (Project Assets cannot be opened) until after I had posted my reply 7.

For now, go directly to deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file selection, and I will work on a workaround for by drag and drop for Project Assets.

Thanks.

We will be watching for your results.

ATR

• 9. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

needy

Back to the drag and drop.

Please do as I described, but instead of dragging the video file from the desktop to the Project Assets (which will not open in your case), instead drag from the desktop into the opened Video Track 1.

If all goes well, the Video Track 1 will accept the file and open Project Assets with a copy of the file inside.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...You seem very experienced computer person, so please accept a generalized ask if you need help on anything that I am suggesting.

• 10. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                            needyourhelp Level 1

thanks a.t.romano!

When I open premiere elements, without opening any file, I'm already blocked beacause I can't open project asset.

I can't understand why!??

I desinstalled premiere 11 with "Piriform CCleaner" and reinstalled it after. Do you think the setting files are the old ones? I think they were deleted with the rest of the programm or not?

whenn I add media, I selected a folder and some files in this folder. The files are already on the harddisk.

• 11. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                              needyourhelp Level 1

ok, I tried with draqg and drop.

I can get the file in the timeline (it's already helpful, thanks), but it still nicht appears in the project assets...

• 12. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                                needyourhelp Level 1

I looked in the folders as you said...

the aobe premiere elts prefs is from today...

so I dont think that it would resolve the problem.

I'm damned...

Thanks so much for you help... I hope we'll get it!

• 13. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

needy

Good news that we can get the media into Expert at the Timeline track level. Let us see if we can get that Project Assets to open.

1. If you have not already, go to the Window Menu/ and click on Restore Workspace.

Do you have a dual monitor setup?

2. Please go through the deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file. Then if that does not work, delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which it exists.

So far, you have done the deactivation, uninstall, ccleaner run through, reinstall that I would have probably asked you to do next.

I do not think that the follow are involved, but I will ask the usual questions anyway

a. Latest verison of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 11?

b. Are you set Run As Administrator and from User Account with Administrative Priviledges?

c. Do you see any errors in Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Application that might be associated with the Project Assets matter?

d. Is your video card/graphics card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

How many video cards do you have?

e. Are you using any High Contrast Windows Themes?

Let us put a to e on hold and only consider when and if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 14. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                                    needyourhelp Level 1

I   L O V E   Y O U !!!!!

It works again!

So I saved the folder 11.0 and deleted it.

Close and open again premiere...

and now it's ok!

I still not understand why, because I made a new installation today and the files were also new...

but there were more files as now.

No matter, I'm so happy! now I can go something to eat and work again!!! THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!!

needy!

• 15. Re: Expert Modus doesn't work
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

needy

I am applauding your success in French, German, and English. Wonderful news, great job.

In this type of situation I think that the term corrupt file(s) is used liberally for want of a better "why".

So very, very please with your results and follow up.

Best wishes

ATR