You'll need to rip the music from the CD to your. A number of programs are capable of doing this -- including iTunes and Windows Media Player.
ken and donna
What is the file extension of the music on the music CD? Is it .cda?
For your unprotected Music CD....
You should be able to convert that to .mp3 or .wav in iTunes.
1. In iTunes go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General
2. Under the General Tab, click on the Import Setting button
3. In Import Settings dialog that opens, go to Import Using: and
set that for either MP3 Encoder or WAV Encoder.
4. Close out of preferences.
5. Insert your Music CD in the your DVD/CD burner tray
At this point you should be in the Audio CD section and seeing an entry for your music.
Right click the music file, and select either Create MP3 Version or Create WAV Version depending on your
6. Switch from Audio CD section to "Music".
7. In "Music" you will see your file. It will be a .mp3 or .wav file at that point.
8. Right click that file, select copy, and then paste to the computer desktop.
Please let us know if this works for your unprotected Music CD.
I did not see your post until after I had posted mine. I was too busy with the full how to details and confirming them before posting.