3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 1:47 PM by Herugrim123

AE CS5 3D layer transparency with grey tinge...

Herugrim123 Level 1

i have created A 3D layer with a an animated coin comp. for use in another comp. The problem is that the background is not fully transparent - it has a greyish tinge to it. The main comp is called "3D coin E & L" and it is being used in another comp called "Fool".

You can see the file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xilli2es36o1cst/Inside%20the%20actors%20heads.aep

Can anyone explain this tinge ?

Regards,

TL.

• 1. Re: AE CS5 3D layer transparency with grey tinge...
          Herugrim123 Level 1

Here is a screen grab of the grey tinge I'm talking about....
          SG020.JPG

You can see it around the coin in the bottom left of the comp. panel...

• 2. Re: AE CS5 3D layer transparency with grey tinge...
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

No idea, since your download does not contain all the source files. You have some weird masking stuff going on in there and potentially there may be something going on with the PS Live 3D transparency, but that's all anyone can guess.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: AE CS5 3D layer transparency with grey tinge...
              Herugrim123 Level 1

i've been back to the PS forum and they say..."it's not us, if you can't see the tinge in PS ( which you can't ), it must be the AE boys !"

One thing I noticed from your comments: you mention wierd masks. There is no mask in the PS file. I think the import of a live 3D file into AE  has created this mask but it covers the whole canvas - including what shouid be transparency. If I delete it ( or decrease the opacity ), the tinge diaasaapears ...along with the coin ! Does anyone know where and why this mask is coming from ?

Here is a shot of the layer options open to go with the screen shot above. Could it be something in the material options ? I've tried playing around in there to no avail. I think it is something to do with this mask - but how to sort it ?

SG021.JPG

Regards,

TL.