4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 8:05 AM by resdesign

Can interactive SVG's be called from within a symbol in the yepnope function?

Pam Davison

I'm hoping someone may have run across this before, I'm trying to access an interactive svg (called "map") from inside a symbol (called "world") in the compositionReady event from the stage.  The image loads just fine as long as I have it directly on the stage, but for the project I'm working on it would be way more convenient to have the svg inside of a symbol since it's supposed to scale in sync with a bunch of other elements.  I have tried everything I can think of to reference the svg inside the symbol, but nothing works.

My code from the compositionReady event looks like this:

yepnope({

load: "http://cdn.edgecommons.org/an/1.0.0/js/min/EdgeCommons.js",

complete: function() {

// enable svg access

EC.SVG.accessSVG( sym.$("map") ).done(              // this is the line where I'd like to reference the svg "map" inside of the symbol "world"

function(svgDocument){

// event listener

svgDocument.addEventListener("select", function(event){

// remember selecte part

sym.setVariable("selectedPart", event.target);

// show id

sym.$("selectedPartTxt").html(event.target.id);

} );

}

);

}

});

It's the EC.SVG.accessSVG( sym.$("map") ).done part that I can't wrap my head around.  I've tried to reference the "world" symbol with things like:

EC.SVG.accessSVG(

var mySymbolObject = sym.getSymbol("world");

mySymbolObject.$("map") ).done

or

EC.SVG.accessSVG( sym.$("world").$("map") ).done

but nothing is working!!!  Does anyone know where I've gone wrong? Or perhaps it isn't possible to call an svg from a symbol?

Thanks for any advice you have!