3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 9:41 AM by A.T. Romano

premiere elements 12 download

zez

Have downloaded PRE 12 zip 7. when I click link and run for PRE 12 64 exe, I get the following warning message:

<The file archive part of Adobe Premiere Elements 12 is missing.

You need all parts in the same folder in order to extract Adobe Premiere Elements 12.

Please download all parts.>

This happened last time.

What's the problem?

• 1. Re: premiere elements 12 download
          A.T. Romano Level 7

zez

Where are you downloading Premiere Elements 12 from...Adobe or some place else?

And, what is your computer operating system, Windows 32 bit or 64 bit or Mac 64 bit Processor?

Let us start assuming that your computer operating system is Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Then you need 2 files for the installation

First File, PremiereElements_12_LS25_win64.exe (about 1.5 MB)

and then

Second File, PremiereElements_12_LS26.win64.7z (about 1.2 GB)

And, you should be doing these downloads with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Do you click on the lst file first and then on the 2nd one?

Do you have a purchased serial number or are you trying to obtain the Premiere Elements 12 Windows tryout

at this time?

ATR

• 2. Re: premiere elements 12 download
            zez Level 1

Romano,

Thanks for reply.

Have installed ok.

But your reply is of interest.

Yes, downloaded from Adobe.

Win 64 bit x64.

8.1 64

Yes, understand 2 file requirement. Both in same folder, I understand.

In the Akamai download page, they are in this order:

http://esd.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PRE/12/win64/PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64.7z

http://esd.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/PRE/12/win64/PremiereElements_12_LS26_win64.exe

With request to download in order given.

You advise the reverse order for download.

To further explain my posting:

Using Akamai page, with file links in order given above:

I clicked 7z link and opted for "open", rather than "save".

It downloaded in 40 minutes; about 1.17 Gb.

A security scan ran. Adobe reader opened to say it couldn't open file. I closed reader.

Then, I clicked exe link and opted for "run", rather than "save".

exe wasn't looking like running, and got the warning message:

Understand that downloads can be found in download folder, and extraction default is to desktop.

Even if exe wasn't acting, expected the 7z file in download folder, or extracted folder on desktop (prior experience).

But there was no sign of a large file, or folder (~ 1.17 Gb) anywhere on computer.

Went to Adobe chat.

Could give info on links and file types associated, but, obviously, couldn't identify on computer target location, or give path, or destination of 2 required files.

exe wasn't downloading, and 7z, though went through download, using about a gig of data, was nowhere to be seen.

Chat techs came and went, asking for 2 files in a destination folder, file names, and path.

Obviously, in circumstances, none of this existed.

Techs seemed busy, and think, maybe, the situation didn't conform to the questions they asked on it, so went to community, and posted.

You replied.

At that point was downloading again, on Akamai page, with the above link order, but using "save" for both 7z and exe.

In turn, each completed, a security check ran briefly, Adobe reader didn't open, and both files were found in download folder.

On Akamai page, option, then, given to "run" exe, and was taken.

Extraction to desktop followed, and installation, serial number entered, was to C:Program files.

With tech chat on Premiere elements, and previously, Photoshop elements, no one mentioned to turn off antivirus, or firewall.

I do acknowledge that there are instances where this is recommended. I'm new to 8.1 and still sussing procedures.

Here, I didn't disable antivirus and firewall.

Download-extract-install seemed to be, and seems, ok. Still to thoroughly check program through though.

The disappearance of the first 7z download is still puzzling.

zez

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 21:03:12 -0700

To: rmnicolson@hotmail.com

Subject: premiere elements 12 download

Re: premiere elements 12 download

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

zez

Where are you downloading Premiere Elements 12 from...Adobe or some place else?

And, what is your computer operating system, Windows 32 bit or 64 bit or Mac 64 bit Processor?

Let us start assuming that your computer operating system is Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Then you need 2 files for the installation

First, File, PremiereElements_12_LS25_win64.exe (about 1.5 MB)

and then

Second File, PremiereElements_12_LS26.win64.7z (about 1.2 GB)

And, you should be doing these downloads with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Do you click on the lst file first and then on the 2nd one?

Do you have a purchased serial number or are you trying to obtain the Premiere Elements 12 Windows tryout

at this time?

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6242407#6242407

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/6242407#6242407

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/6242407#6242407. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: premiere elements 12 download
              A.T. Romano Level 7

zez

My observations...

The Adobe Download Assistant or the Akamai NetSession Interface is needed for the download of Premiere Elements installation files. Classically I have found that the Akami NetSession Interface is accompanied on my computer by message of firewall problems which force me to disable the firewalls.

For the download of installation files from Adobe, I have always found that 2 files were required and put into action in the order 1st

about 1.5 MB smaller file (Adobe Downloader or Akamai NetSession Interface) before the download of the 2nd file (installation files, about 1.2 GB) is possible.

In view of that (and based on speculation), I would suggest that any problems with the installation files (.7z, 1.2 GB) might have been related to problems with the installation of the Adobe Download Assistant or the Akamai NetSession Interface (whichever one Adobe was using).

Probably not needed, but as a just in case addition....Have you seen this Adobe document on the Adobe Download Assistant.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/download-assistant-faq.html

But, from what you wrote, you now have your Premiere Elements 12 downloaded and installed. Great news.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thanks.

ATR