5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 9:45 AM by A.T. Romano

wanting to burn a dvd of a video ive just done @ its not letting me saying media not present

beautifuldaug Level 1

wanting to burn a video ive just done onto a dvd @ its not letting me saying media not present, what shall i do

• 1. Re: wanting to burn a dvd of a video ive just done @ its not letting me saying media not present
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

From the Premiere Elements Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180

•Have you viewed the tutorial links at http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 page to learn the program?

•What version of Premiere Elements? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Elements 9 with the 9.0.1 update).

•What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".

•Have you installed any recent program or OS updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)

•What kind(s) of image file(s)? When talking about camera raw files, include the model of camera.

•If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?

•What were you doing when the problem occurred?

•What other software are you running?

•Tell us about your computer hardware. How much RAM is installed?  How much free space is on your system (C:) drive?

•Has this ever worked before?  If so, do you recall any changes you made to Premiere Elements, such as adding Plug-ins, brushes, etc.?  Did you make any changes to your system, such as updating hardware, printers or drivers; or installing/uninstalling any programs?

And some other questions...

•What are you editing, and does your video have a red line over it BEFORE you do any work?

•Which version of Quicktime do you have installed?

• 2. Re: wanting to burn a dvd of a video ive just done @ its not letting me saying media not present
            A.T. Romano Level 7

beautifuldaug

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Is your burner DVD/CD or Blu-ray/DVD?

What are you doing - burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc?

What brand/type DVD disc are you using? Have you tried and different brand/type DVD disc?

Is the only problem in the burn dialog = "media not present" even after you press the Rescan button there?

Depending on your information, we might try deactivation, uninstall, run through cclean, reinstall with antivirus

and firewall turned Off.

But let us put our details in place so that we can plan troubleshooting strategy.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: wanting to burn a dvd of a video ive just done @ its not letting me saying media not present
              beautifuldaug Level 1

thanks, the only problem is in the burn dialog "media not present " even

after ive pressed the rescan button Whats wrong ? thanks

• 4. Re: wanting to burn a dvd of a video ive just done @ its not letting me saying media not present
                Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you answer all of the questions asked, you are more likely to have a solution suggested.

• 5. Re: wanting to burn a dvd of a video ive just done @ its not letting me saying media not present
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

beautifuldaug

Lots of possibilities. Hoping your details will point us to the resolution.

What is your reply to

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Is your burner DVD/CD or Blu-ray/DVD?

What are you doing - burn to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD format on DVD disc?

What brand/type DVD disc are you using? Have you tried and different brand/type DVD disc?

And, I will add this question...

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" problem?

Needing your replies to get at "Whats wrong?". Could be the disc, could be a disc/burner Premiere Elements compatibility issue, etc.

I could point you in the direction of burn to folder/ImgBurn instead of burn to disc to try to get the job done. But, I am hoping to find problem solving for the burn to disc if at all possible in your present computer environment. But, if you get in a time crunch for getting your project out, I can give you the details for the burn to folder/ImgBurn try to get your DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen on DVD disc.

Thanks.

ATR