3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 2:36 PM by A.T. Romano

PE 12 - No Sound Effects

Bitznbytes

Fresh install of PE 12 with all updates on Windows 8.1 and the Sounds Effects section is all greyed out. The Music Scores are showing but no Sound Effects. HELP!

B

• 1. Re: PE 12 - No Sound Effects
          A.T. Romano Level 7

B

Update 12 to 12.1 using Premiere Elements 12 new project opened to Help Menu/Updates.

This may call for a Sign Out, Uninstall, ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewalls turned Off, but first let us

try to delete the Premiere Elements 12 Settings file. For Windows 8.1 64 bit, the path is

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder should be the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole

12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure not to detour off the folders path cited. Also make sure to be working

with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Restart the computer in this plan.

Please let us know the outcome. We will plan additional troubleshooting strategy if necessary.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: PE 12 - No Sound Effects
            Bitznbytes Level 1

Hey,

That was fast! Thanks for the reply so quickly! Just went back in and they are now showing. Wonder, did they need to download first? How many catagories are there suppose to be?

B

• 3. Re: PE 12 - No Sound Effects
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bitznbytes

Great news. Glad the Sound Effects showed up. I have run into details in their appearance.

These of the Sound Effects categories that is I have for my Premiere Elements 12 (Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit)

SoundEffects.jpg

And these are numerous choices under each of those categories of Sound Effects. I

actually took on the task of counting the number of individual Sound Effects

Sound Effects has 13 subcategories and a total of 267 or 268 free sound effects. The Sound Effects subcategories and the number of sound effects in them are Ambience (49), Animals (10), Cartoon Effects (20), Crashes (10), Fire and Explostions (18), Foley (30), Impacts (20), Industry (10), Liquids (10), Science Fiction (30), Technology (29 or 30), Transportation (11), and Weather (20).

The above was quoted from my blog post on Premiere Elements 12 First Look.

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/09/premiere-elements-12-first-look-details.html

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR