5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 7:26 PM by A.T. Romano

Fonts Size and Type

snails94 Level 1

How can I save a font size and type so I dont not have to reset it each time i want to use text in a project?

• 1. Re: Fonts Size and Type
          A.T. Romano Level 7

snails94

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Versions 11 and 12 workspaces are markedly different than versions earlier than 11, and I would prefer to

give you version specific information to expedite matters for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Fonts Size and Type
            snails94 Level 1

Im using 12 and i have a pc with windows 7. As I mentioned in the other question I am editing music videos with sports highlights and I use text from time to time but when I us text in more than one place in a clip (upper left of screen and lower right for example) i have to reset the size type and color of the text each time i move the cursor with the mouse to begin and new portion of text. I remember this being a small issue with the previous version but it would allow me to save and lable a style size and color that i created and use it each project just by selecting it. Im not very technically advanced and everything i have learned with premiere is self taught by trial and error or youtube. I wish there was a class i could take in prmeiere elements...lol

• 3. Re: Fonts Size and Type
              A.T. Romano Level 7

snails94

In Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, go to Text/New Text/Default Text.

In the Titler create your Text with Style.

In The Text Section of the Titler that opened

My selection was

Font: Century Schoolbook

Font Size: 305

Italic

and in Color Properties I applied colors.

TextOne.JPG

Switch from the Text to the Style section of the Titler.

Just right click any of the Adobe created Styles thumbnails. (Do not click it to apply the Style).

As I said, just right click the thumbnail. Select Save Style.In the dialog that opens, give it a name

or leave the name as it (the name in the dialog will reflect the Text/Style that you want to save

and not the Style thumbnail that you are borrowing for the saving.

Snailsecond.JPG

Note your Text Style thumbnail and its characteristic display with the Adobe created Styles.

The next time you want to create text your created Text Styles, then just apply that

to what you are typing.

Please give this a try and let me know if it works for you. I can fine tune the description

if necessary.

Thanks.

ATR

You can also make this your default text if you want. See right clicking of your saved created

Text Style and Set Style As Default.

• 4. Re: Fonts Size and Type
                snails94 Level 1

Thats was perfect, thank you very much. Youve made my project(s) much easier with these two fixes.

• 5. Re: Fonts Size and Type
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

snails94

Wonderful news. Thanks for letting us know that worked for you. Great job.

Please never hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification on anything written.

We all started with this learning curve and are glad for the opportunity to try to make it easier

for others.

Best wishes

ATR