2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 12:10 AM by Trevor.Dennis

How to eliminate a gradient drop shadow from a film border file

pickfordpictures Level 1

I have a Hasselblad-style square film border file that I got in an after-market PS action.  It looks pretty convincing, except that it has a gradient extending a little ways into the frame that makes it look like a frame sitting above the image with a drop shadow.  There are two layers in the file, so I think there may be a wat to get rid of the unwanted gradient.  But I can't seem to figure out what it might be.

I sure with I could post the file here, but whatever I try to do to make files permissable to post on this forum never seems to work.  The original PSD is only 2.6 MB.  I tried sizing it down to 450p x 450p to no avail.  The error message said "this type of content is not allowed."  It is only an empty black film border.

Anyway, if someone is willing to look at the file offline, please let me know.  I am not a graphics person, just a photographer.  I would love to get rid of the gradient on this file.  Thanks in advance.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a source for clean, realistic black film borders in digital file format, please let me know.