3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 1:11 AM by Silkrooster

Trouble uploading video from desktop folder

livin_life365

Okay having a little trouble importing videos to Photoshop. I clicked on the plus to the right of the screen and a window comes up that shows me the different folders ihave (desktop, documents, etc.) I clicked on the desktop folder (where my video clips are saved) and i sayd "no item matching your search." When I go to the folder on my actua desktop the files are there and I ca view the just fine. I dont know exactly what's going on especially because earlier in the day I hadno trouble uploading vide clips. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need more info on the problem.

• 1. Re: Trouble uploading video from desktop folder
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If photoshop can not see the files, then check its file extension. If you open the video from photoshop, make sure the file type is set to a video format, not an image format.

If you can see them in explorer, then they can be seen in photoshop.

How are you searching? In explorer or some other program? If you type in a name to search, it can be a typo.

• 2. Re: Trouble uploading video from desktop folder
            livin_life365 Level 1

Okay right now it is set to 3D studio (and yes I will be opening it up from Photoshop),so what file type should it be set to? And what do you mean by searching exactly? When the window comes up that asks me what file I want to open?

• 3. Re: Trouble uploading video from desktop folder
              Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The file type is what file format your video is saved as. The file type filters that list. If you set it to avi, then only files with the extension .avi are listed. You can set the file type to all supported or all files. Just remember that for a file to open in photoshop it must be in that file type list. You will see all the file extensions to the right when you click on file types.

I mentioned searching only because you did. Normally you don't need to search when you already know what folder the files are in.

If any of this does not make sense,  I am on my kindle so we can blame it on that for tonight.