13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 10:55 AM by A.T. Romano

PE 12 won't change title style

Bockhead

When I make a title  in PE 12 I select default text...when I want to change the style from the fly out it doesn't change

• 1. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Please describe the steps you're taking and what you're seeing so we can figure out where things are going wrong.

In the Title Adjustments area, have you actually selected the text in your title's text box before trying to apply a style? And what steps are you taking to apply the style?

• 2. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Bockhead

Have you gone from Premiere Elements 12 to its 12.1 Update? The 12.1 Update resolved the Expert workspace Style issue of version 12.

I suspect that the wrong impression may have been given that you already updated since you wrote

When I make a title  in PE 12 I select default text

Note the closeness of the I to 12 in the above. Almost looks like you are talking about 12.1 if read too quickly.

You update Premiere Elements 12 to 12.1 in the opened project in Help Menu/Update.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2014/03/pe12-update-121-released.html

Please let us know if the above resolves your Premiere Elements 12 problem.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
              Bockhead Level 1

Thank you for replying....I have had PE 12 for about 2 months...I have had PE 4,7,and 8 and never had this problem....I place the cursur where I want the title... click on Text..new text..default title...the screen opens with Add Text...I then change the title to the wording I want...select it...the Adjustment box opens...I choose style...I click on a style to see what the style is like...the style I select then has a "blue" border to it...sometimes it changes the font once...but mostly nothing...just sits there as though its frozen....have you any Ideas...Please

• 4. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                Bockhead Level 1

Thank you for your reply....I have PE 12 for about 2 months...do I understand that there is an update for this problem?...if there is I don't know about it...how do I get it?

I have used PE for about 8 years followed by 7 and 9 and now 12.. I have Win 7 and a 64 bit computer...I have this problem in 12 that I never had with the other versions.

When I want to change the style of my selected text thats open in the window...I open the adjustment box...select style... I select a style...a blue border surrounds the style box...and once the selected text may change...but mostly nothing...just sits there as though frozen....I do hope you or somebody can help me with this problem.....Thank you

• 5. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

In the Title Adjustments workspace, do you have the actual text selected that you want to change?

As ATR says, there was also a bug in an earlier version of Premiere Elements 12 that kept you from applying another text style after you'd applied one. That's been fixed in the latest update though. Go to the Help menu and select Check for Updates to download this update and see if it fixes this problem for you.

• 6. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Bockhead

As I wrote in post 2, the Text Style problem that is seen in Premiere Elements 12 is gone in the Premiere Elements 12.1 Update.

And, you get the Premiere Elements 12.1 Update by opening a new project, going to its Expert workspace, going to the Help Menu and selecting Update in the Help Menu choices.

I gave you the link

to the step by step how to (with graphics).

There is also a section in the link which gives how to solve problem if there is a problem with the update.

Please check that out and go to the Premiere Elements 12.1 Update.

If you still have problems with Text Styles after all that, then we need to go deeper into your workflow in Premiere Elements 12.1.

Thank you.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 7. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                      nealeh Level 5

ATR, I notice that you are adding to your blog as new things fixed by the update are discovered. I think 12.1 may have fixed the 25 scene marker error box that was being displayed. I recall you posted that although with 12.0 it was now possible to add more than 25 markers it still needed to click through an outdated dialog box that said the limit was reached.

Yesterday when I was adding scene markers to a project (about 35) it let me do so without the need to click through a message box.

If it works for you the same then that's something else to add to the 'fixed by 12.1' list.

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

If this post or another user's post resolves the original issue, please mark the posts as correct and/or helpful accordingly. This helps other users with similar trouble get answers to their questions quicker. Thanks.

• 8. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                        Bockhead Level 1

Thank you.....I did as you and Steve suggested...the fix seems to have worked....Thank you again....Bockhead

• 9. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

You should not be seeing an incorrectly worded "25" message or any menu marker related message after applying only 35 scene markers to your Timeline content with Premiere Elements 12 or 12.1.

Specifically what I wrote in my Premiere Elements 12 First Look blog post was

Excerpt

9. Big news for the disc menu people, the number of Timeline menu markers appears now to be beyond the 25 limit of prior version. But, wait. I am still laughing on this one.

Given a menu with 6 scene buttons per page and 99 scene markers placed on the Expert workspace Timeline. No error or warning or limit messages. And, I did get 16 scene menu pages with 6 scenes and 1 scene menu page with 3. Great. When I went back to the Timeline to place a 100th scene marker, I could go no further and was greeted by the following message

Figure 2. Add Marker Error At Placement Of 100th Scene Marker.

Note "cannot exceed 25". Did someone forget to change the pop up dialog limit number? I still had my 17 scene menu pages with 99 scenes.

Nonetheless, I will repeat the above now and report back with the results using Premiere Elements 12.1 and not 12.

Back in an hour or so.

Thanks.

ATR

• 10. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Nothing has changed with regard to the "25" message that I pointed out back in September 2013 for Premiere Elements 12. Your post appears to be have been based on a misread or remembrance of what has been written.

September, 2013 Premiere Elements 12 or March 27, 2014 Premiere Elements 12.1, the menu marker situation remains the same. Please review and consider as I have written then and now.

Nothing-Changed.jpg

Consequently, my blog post on the 12.1 changes is still open and in search for valid inclusions.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bockhead

Great news.

Glad that worked for you. And, glad that the Adobe Engineers decided to fix  the Expert workspace

Text Styles issue in the 12.1 Update.

Best wishes

ATR

• 12. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                                nealeh Level 5

Misremembered - I was thinking you got the message at marker 26 rather than marker 100. Cheers, -- Neale

• 13. Re: PE 12 won't change title style
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

nealeh

Thanks. Glad we are in sync on this.

ATR