• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating a table from text quickly

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2006 Jul 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a (or what is the) quick way to create and format a table from tablular text?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 05, 2006 Jul 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, RH doesn't have a similar setup to Word.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 10, 2006 Jul 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use a program such as textpad (or any text editor) to performa search and replace of the tab character with </td><td>

Search and replace the line break character "/n" with "</td></tr>/n<tr><td>"

Then all you need to do is wrap the table with <table> tags and a little cleaning up.

This has worked well for me in the past.

If this is useful and you want more details let me know. I could get one of our bloggers to provide a post on this topic in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2006 Jul 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, I saw your tech tip. I give it a go. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy

I'd like to add it to Snippets on my site. Neat tip.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! No problem. Just drop a link into the snippet to http://techwritetips.wordpress.com/.

They are always looking for articles. Perhaps you could write something for them in exchange? I'll pass on your details if you like. Would be a nice way to exchange links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added Snippet 54 but with no reference to Techwrite Tips! I thought it much better to include that in the list of useful links that is on my site.

The only problem I have with writing articles for them or anyone else is that those articles would be on my site anyway. Happy to discuss this further if you think it worthwhile. eMail me offline.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp