2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 10:52 PM by SeanB

Creative Cloud - serial numbers

SeanB

I have signed up for Creative Cloud, and have received the VIP number already.

After downloading Lightroom 5 when I launched the program I was asked for a serial number! Following instructions from this forum I removed Lightroom 5 and opened the Creative Cloud desktop app. Lightroom 5 is not included in the apps I can download???

In an effort to [hopefully] get at least one piece of software for the money I paid over, through the app I downloaded InDesign CC. Strangely enough when i launched the software---- I was asked for a serial number.

How hard can it be for Adobe to make this transition painless? How do I load any software and get it to work? I have CS6 licenced software on my Mac already. This "upgrade" to CC feels like a really bad idea!!!!!!!

• 1. Re: Creative Cloud - serial numbers
          Abhijit Kr. Adobe Employee

Hi SeanB,

As you have bought Creative Cloud for Team subscription you need to send an Invitation to yourself from https://creative.adobe.com and after that apps should not ask for any serial no. In case if you continue to face the issue then please follow this KB article.

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/ccm-prompt-serial-number.html

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Abhijit

• 2. Re: Creative Cloud - serial numbers
            SeanB Level 1

Anyone having this problem, I found a solution on another thread.

When I set up the team I created a seat for myself. As administrator I presumed that I had "signed up" for Creative Cloud. Strangely enough, this is not the case. Following the thread I also invited myself to join the team. As ironic as this may seem, as administrator you are not a member of the team you have set up. After following the email link I received, I downloaded InDesign CC and it worked. Lightroom 5 suddenly appeared in the list of Apps, I downloaded it  and no longer need a serial number!

Hard to believe it was as easy, and simple as inviting myself to my team!

Hope this helps

S