2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2007 6:50 PM by Newsgroup_User

Learning Flex step 1

antioxinent Level 1
      Hello,

My first post here. I'll just confess here and now that I'm not very familiar with code. The little that I'm familiar with is from Flash and Dreamweaver. I've never hand coded. I rely on the software to generate it.
      For what it's worth, I have worked on the design side for years.

I have two questions.

Is is possible to learn the basics of Flex using only design mode.
      What/Where would be the best place to learn Flex given my limited programming experience.

Thanks in advance,
        • 1. Re: Learning Flex step 1
          mouse jockey
          I'd highly recommend taking a look at lynda.com For $25 a month (if you need more than one month) you have access to great online tutorials.

and ... no .. I have no connection with them, but don't let that stop you sending me money Lynda. :)
          • 2. Re: Learning Flex step 1
            Level 7
            Thanks mouse

I subscribed to Lynda.com premium subscription this morning. Worked through
            the first two (of three) video tuts for Flex by David Gassner. This has
            already been worth the money. So many more tuts to go and so little time.

I went shopping on amazon as well. Those should all be here tomorrow or
            Friday.

I already know Flex is the future :-)

Thanks again

Bill

"mouse jockey" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:f3k00q$2fp$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > I'd highly recommend taking a look at lynda.com For $25 a month (if you
            > need
            > more than one month) you have access to great online tutorials.
            >
            > and ... no .. I have no connection with them, but don't let that stop you
            > sending me money Lynda. :)
            >