1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 2:12 PM by A.T. Romano

Is there ANY way to "drop" several videos or pictures at once (like an entire folder) instead of pai

lifelearner

Is there ANY way to "drop" several videos or pictures at once (like an entire folder) instead of painstakingly dropping/dragging one image at a time? I just opened my Adope Premiere Elements 9 and after "working with" for 9 hours, I can't figure it out! Is there a singular CLEAR guide or video out there that teaches newbies like me how to do BASICS like this? Extremely exasperated. On verge of returning to my Windows Live Movie Maker but you all likely know how frustrating THAT is.... Please help me.

• 1. Re: Is there ANY way to "drop" several videos or pictures at once (like an entire folder) instead of pai
          A.T. Romano Level 7

lifelearner

How long have you been working with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and on what computer operating system?

Take a look at the Premiere Elements 9 Help PDF for starter before you invest in books and such.

http://help.adobe.com/archive/en_US/premiereelements/9/premiereelements_9_help.pdf

On to the immediate issue....

When you "Get Media" Files and Folders, be aware that you can import folders with the format supported photos/videos inside.

Then go immediately to Organize header/ and Project in row below and click on Project.

You should see your folder there.

a. You can drag it to the Timeline and have your photos/videos open on the Timeline

b. You can manage folder opening and closing with the icons at the bottom left of the Project area where you see

your imported files.

If you are at the point where you already have your Project area loaded with lots of individual imports, you can create folders

there and drag your photos/videos into different folders. But, we aware that you can drag folder or individual files

from Project onto the Timeline.

Does any of the above help? If so, I will know I am going in the right direction for what you want to know.

What is with the painstakingly dropping/dragging one image at a time? Just how many images are in this project?

We are glad for the opportunity to help.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR