5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 10:50 AM by AnneMarie Concepcion

Typekit sync deployment

blindauer1 Level 1

Now that Typekit is integrated into Adobe CC, is there a way to deploy settings for Typekit to sync to the currently logged in user?

The challenge is getting typekit to work with users that lack admin access to the local machine (CCP recommends disabling the CC app in these instances).

Is there any work around, official or unnofficial?

• 1. Re: Typekit sync deployment
          Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi blindauer1,

Thanks for your interest in Typekit! Would you please explain a little more about the situation that you are trying to support, so that I can be sure that we understand?

When you say "deploy settings for Typekit to sync to the currently logged in user", do you have users sharing workstations, and want to them to be able each sync their own fonts from Typekit?

If you would prefer not to post the details on the forum, you may also get in touch with us directly at support@typekit.com.

Thank you,

-- liz

• 2. Re: Typekit sync deployment
            oliverb75576883

Same problem here. I have a student run newspaper that wants to use Typekit fonts in their publication.

Never mind the possible license issues we would have with providing them the fonts in the first place.

How the heck are we suppose to provide them fonts that they have obviously used elsewhere where with a personal Adobe Account and we have disabled the CC app?

• 4. Re: Typekit sync deployment
              Liz, Typekit Support Adobe Employee

Hi Oliver,

It isn't possible to sync fonts without being signed in to the Creative Cloud desktop application; font sync relies on that software and the connection to your Typekit account.  (It sounds like you're aware of this, but I wanted to cover the basics.)

If there is a set of fonts that your students use from their personal Typekit plans to create the newspaper, you would have to purchase a perpetual license for them from the foundry or reseller.  This purchase allows you to download and install the fonts on the school computer(s), and anyone can use them there, independent of a Creative Cloud or Typekit subscription.

I hope that this helps; let me know if you have any other questions.

-- liz

• 5. Re: Typekit sync deployment
                AnneMarie Concepcion Adobe Community Professional

I'm curious, if you're using InDesign CC to create the newspaper, why you'd disable the Creative Cloud app. (If I understand you correctly).

AM