9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 10:21 AM by Ginger N4

swatches pane too big

Ginger N4 Level 1

This is so silly... and I don't remember having this problem up until a few weeks ago.

My swatches/styles/info pane (the 'design' workspace) is way too long. It is only 1/3 of the way filled with swatches. I will move the pane up (because I wan't that room for my layers) and when I exit and come back, it has dropped again.

I tried saving a 'customized' panel, and making sure my styles tab has small thumbnails... but, nothing.

Any advice?swatches.jpg

• 1. Re: swatches pane too big
          boo radley 2013 Level 3

you have to move the panel, then save your workspace. then next time you load photoshop your workspace will be the same.

• 2. Re: swatches pane too big
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

It might be that the Design workspace is often used with another swatch set, like one of the Pantone options (drop down top right corner of swatch panel).  But you can drag and resize the panel to whatever suites, and save as a new workspace.

Incidentally, I don't have a Design option with CC here

• 3. Re: swatches pane too big
              Ginger N4 Level 1

I already moved it and then saved it. It still goes back.

• 4. Re: swatches pane too big

I wonder if it is to do with Swatches Styles and Info panels being docked together.  I would still expect to be able to resize and save as a new workspace.  Note that is Design is one of the standard workspaces, you might not be able to overwrite it, but you could save it as Design 2

If that does not work, undock swatches.  I keep my minor panels minimised down the right side of my main screen.  One click expands or contracts them.  I use Swatches a lot though, so I keep that open on my second monitor.

• 5. Re: swatches pane too big
                  Ginger N4 Level 1

Untitled.jpg

This is what I have saved. See how the swatches panel is nice and small? Even when I click 'reset my panel' it DOES go back small the way I saved it. But STILL, when I exit out and come back, or minimize my window then maximize it again, it goes back to long again.

• 6. Re: swatches pane too big

I can't see the panels because the workspace drop down is covering them. 

Un dock Swatches. Click on the word Swatches (the panel tab) and drag it out of the dock (if it is docked.  Then slowly offer it up under the row of contracted icons to the left.  The one with MinBridge at the top.

When you see a blue line let go the mouse button.  Save that as My Panel again, and toggle the Swatches open and closed by clicking on the icon to open it, and twin triangles to close it.

See if that works.

• 7. Re: swatches pane too big
                      Ginger N4 Level 1

I've tried un-docking, moving, re-saving, everything. It still goes back to long everytime I minimize/maximize or exit. It still always reverts to the way I save it (small, the way I want it), once I click 'reset my panel'. But I still have to reset it, everytime I exit and re-enter.

This is kind of strange. Isn't it?

This is the pic with the drop down moved. This is what it looks like everytime I 'reset my panel':

Untitled2.jpg

• 8. Re: swatches pane too big

OK.  Time to reset Preferences then.  Hold down Shift Alt Ctrl as you start Photoshop.

• 9. Re: swatches pane too big
                          Ginger N4 Level 1

Did that. Still happening.

I give up. This isn't the end of the world. I'm just going to leave it be and stop bothering you.

Thank you for all your help, by the way.